Chapter 16- Falling

*Shailene's POV*

Today was such an eventful day. I don't think my father cared about what happened earlier. He was just taken back a bit by Veronica's behaviour, so I tried to explain to him that it's something personal. But, he seemed so lost, far away from here. He was paying me no attention.

It was evening now, and I couldn't stop thinking about how happy I was for some reason.

I was really proud of Veronica.

She went home afterwards, so did Kendall and Andrew. Why were they even here?

They were long gone now, it was night, 10:34pm.

I just had myself slung over on the bed, when all of a sudden, I heard a bang on my window.

I heard it one time too many. I lazily dragged off the bed when I heard my phone vibrate at the same time. I checked it.

It read: Open your window- Kendall.

I hope he didn't do what I think he did. I hurried over to the window, pulled the pink curtain and opened it.

Yes he did.
There, casually leaning on the side wall of the house, was Kendall.

'You have got to be kidding. What are you standing on?' I peered over and saw him on the ladder from the garage. 'What are you doing?'

'I came to see you.' He smiled sweetly and left me standing there clueless and scared for some reason. These things only happened in movies. 'Aren't you going to invite me in?'

'Um, no?' I found myself smiling foolishly. 'We've only met recently and this is my room.'

'That's nice, so you're gonna leave me out here? It's cold.'

'Well you should've brought a jacket.'

'But looking at you, I get warm on the inside, so I'm okay.' Well that escalated quickly.
I can't put into words the way I felt about him. My emotions were all mixed up. At this point I was just looking at him, not believing that this moment was real.

For a moment, he looked me into my eyes then rest one hand on my shoulder, pushing me backward just a bit and the other hand on the window frame. When I realized what he was about to do, I stepped back in case he fell flat on the floor. But, he didn't. He seemed skilled as he landed softly on his feet. He then stood straight and looked at me and smiled. 'What were we talking about?'

'Uh...temperature?' I tried to recall quickly as I was not able to think straight.

'Yes, I'm really warm now. I'm closer to you.' He winked at me and was getting a bit to close for friendly gestures. In no time, I found myself backed right onto the wall. Was I dreaming?

'Shay...'

'Y-yes?'

'You have no idea...'

'About?' He was taking real long to talk as he stepped the closest he could. I made no attempt to stop him from leaning his forehead onto mine.

I should've pushed him away but it all happened too quickly, where the world disappeared for a while. One of his hands on my waist, the other pressed on the wall next to my head. Next thing I knew, his lips pressed onto mine, together, time and time again. The warmth of his mouth sent a current through my body.

I could hear my heart beating, pressing against my ears too. His hand snaked behind my back, pulling to press me closer than possible. It was only about time that something so good, something so unreal, ended.

As our lips pulled apart, I could feel the cool breeze coming from the window blowing out the heat glazing between us. I didn't know how, but I saw that my hands were placed flat out on his chest.