71: Beth (Part One)

(not edited.)

"And you want to help Luke because?" Harry sighed as he sped down the highway towards the bar where Luke was, doing God knows what. I sighed to myself and tried to think of a reasonable answer that wouldn't really make Harry mad. He was already irritated about the fact that it was almost two in the morning when I called and asked if he could take me downtown to pick up a 'friend.' I just didn't tell him that 'friend' was actually Luke. Well that is until now.

"Harry look, I know he doesn't deserve our help but he needs someone, and there's no one else." I say looking straight at Harry, his eyes never leave the road. I can see his jaw lock and I can tell he's angry, even though he looks absolutely adorable right now with his tired eyes and his hair up in a bun. I sigh and slump in my seat. I really messed up, I may seem like a heartless person but I couldn't just leave someone in desperate need to fend for themselves.

"He said the bar was called 'Lee's' right?" Harry asks as we are now on a street with a lot of restaurants, clubs and bars.

"Yes, I think that's it right there." I say as I point to one bar in particular, it was busy, full of people coming in and out of it, and I wondered if we would even be able to find Luke in this place. Harry parked the car in one of the curb lanes, he got out and so did I. He cursed as he put a couple quarters in the parking meter. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry Styles I'll pay you back your precious 75 cents." I say as I walk towards the bar and I hear Harry follow behind me but he doesn't respond to my remark. I admit I was being difficult but this wasn't that big of a deal. I mean all we had to do was pick up Luke and take him home. What more could happen?

"Hey baby wanna come home with me tonight?" I snap my head towards the voice that called out, I see a considerably older man with a beer gut and balding hair standing on wall with a cheeky grin on his face, and I shiver in disgust. Suddenly I feel Harry's hands on my waist, pulling me close to him, I visible relax.

"Fuck off and find someone your own age dickhead!" Harry calls back to the guy as we walk pass him, I keep my head down to hide the laugh threatening to escape my lips, "And just so you know, catcalling is very disrespectful, you're lucky I don't roundhouse kick you in the jaw." He finishes and I mentally high-five myself for being Harry's girlfriend.

We finally make it to the bar and we quickly walk inside with out being noticed. I immediately start to look for Luke's blonde perfectly styled hair. I finally spot him in the last stool at the actual bar with his head in his hands.

"Look Harry there he is!" I exclaim over the loud conversations and music playing. I take Harry's hand in mine and lead through the tables and over to the bar where Luke is sitting. I wonder how he even got in here, don't you have to be 21 to sit at a bar?

"Luke." I say and tap his shoulder, he looks up confused and his eyes are bloodshot, once he recognizes it's me, he smiles lazily, but when he sees Harry standing behind me, his smile fades.

"I didn't know you would be bringing him along." Luke slurs looking at Harry, I roll my eyes.

"I had to get a ride. What's it matter to you anyway?" I say but I am ignored and kind of pushed to the side as Luke and Harry stand in front of each other, literally sizing each other up. I sigh frustrated, why couldn't they just put their past behind them for like 30 minutes and get this over with? I mean yeah sure, I wanna punch Luke in the nose too but I wouldn't do it here at a bar full of people trying to have a good time.

"Yeah, what's it matter to you? Huh Luke?" Harry says as he stares angrily into Luke's eyes. Luke laughs without humor, he looks Harry up and down with anger in his eyes.