The Game of Temptation ~16~

Hey guys!

Well, first, this upload is possible because LikkleAngel and I have a kind of deal. If she uploads, I'll upload. At least, this is how it will work until How To Turn A Good Girl Bad is completed, or this is completed. Whichever comes first.

It's working pretty well so far.

So, yeah, that's explaining the dedication.

And honestly, that's pretty much it. So, yeah, hope you like! Sorry if this sucks!:/

Chapter Sixteen

~Isabelle~

I couldn't have been more nervous if I tried. After saying goodbye to Alex, I'd remembered this conversation with Ren was supposed to happen and barely slept. What if seeing him made whatever I felt worse? Or, even more horrible, what if he was better than I remembered? I hadn't really spoken to him in a while. Had he changed?

But all the thoughts had fled my mind the second I saw him walk in. I found myself smiling at him, and everything in me calmed down when he smiled back.

And there he was now, sitting across from me with that stupidly amazing smile on his face like nothing had happened between us.

"So..." I trailed off. Before I'd seen him, I had a whole lecture planned out. One that insisted he apologized, or we couldn't be friends. One that would probably get us both banned from the library for disruption of silence, but now...

He didn't say anything, he just stared at me, a weird smile taking over his face.

"Ren, what happened?" I asked, finally breaking the silence between us. It was better to get this conversation over and done with now, right?

He sighed, his expression becoming serious. He didn't ask what I was talking about, he just started talking. "It was like I had to. I couldn't help myself. I needed to kiss you, Isa. That's all there is to it."

I waited a couple of seconds, wanting to see if he'd say anything else. When he didn't, I bit back a groan. Was I asking for too much? I wanted an apology, not a confession.

"Really? So pushing me against the wall was, what, another need?" I asked. The question sounded stupid, but I knew he'd understand what the underlying question was; was all that fire between us a lie? Something that just had to happen?

"No, that was passion. That was me making the most of something that won't happen again."

I glared at him. "Ren, are you freaking kidding me?" I snapped. "So, let me get this straight. You kissed me because you "had to"," I made quotation marks around the words, unable to hide the anger in my tone. "And then you just went with it because you felt you might as well? Jesus Christ, you could have pulled away!" I wanted to yell, scream, anything. But we were in a library.

If he'd been thinking so freaking clearly, why didn't he just stop? Why didn't he pull away the second he realized what he was doing? I had become a hypocrite in front of Alex over this, and spent more time thinking about that damn kiss than I'd like to admit, and Ren could have stopped at any time? He could have saved us this entire situation?

Now I was mad.

"Dammit, this isn't coming out right..." He muttered.

"You think?" I asked, sarcasm laced into my voice.

"Isa, basically, I got caught up in the moment. I was pissed off because you'd been ignoring me, and all I could think about was getting it out. The only options in my dumbass mind were to punch a wall or kiss you. So, I went for kissing you. And -," he cut off suddenly. The anger I'd felt towards him had frozen, so had my body, and I was staring at him in shock. He'd been that mad at me? I'd made him that mad? Over ignoring him?