Chapter 37 - She's One Of The Boys

• Dedicated to Alihassan Janmohamed

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Seven ~ ~

Bang! Bang! Bang! Crack!

“Dammit Saxon! Let me out!” I practically screamed at the top of my lungs as I kept banging and kicking the door but it wasn’t budging because that big oaf was leaning against it from the other side and preventing me from booting it open – though it was cracking a little.

No! You’re staying here and that’s final!” he growled and I gasped slightly in shock that he was trying to use his darn Alpha tone with me.

“I'm not in your pack mister – that crap doesn’t work on me!” I shouted back as I kept kicking at the door with everything I had inside of me. I was furious with him and it’s not just over what he said about my family, my pack, it’s also because the second I turned around to leave, he swooped me up in his arms and then shoved me into a closet and locked the door on me! A flipping closet! Who does that?

“I'm doing this for your own safety Evangeline!” I heard his deep voice growling on the other side, making my eyes narrow at the use of my full name.

“Don’t call me that!” I snapped and took two steps back since there wasn’t much room in here and ran at the door, slamming my shoulder into it, “Ouch!” I hissed in slight pain.

“Stop hurting yourself right now!” he tried to order me around.

“Just shut up already.” I mumbled to myself while rubbing my shoulder and glaring daggers at the solid door – its time like this that I wish I had lasers for eyes so then I could burn holes into the door and get out.

“I heard that.” He growled in a much quieter tone than he had been using before.

“I know.” I muttered back, wondering how much longer I could put up with this for until I got tired. Now that I was finally taking a break and getting my temper under control, I debated on whether contacting my brothers or not. They could come here and rescue me but the thought of needing to be saved didn’t sit too well with me and I knew it would only make things worse.

No, I won’t get them involved – this is my mate and I’ll deal with him by myself.

“I'm hungry.” I called out a bit louder, wishing for my stomach to growl and confirm my words but luck is never on my side like that. Darn annoying stomach, why can’t you just growl for me?

“Are you going to leave?” Saxon snapped but he didn’t sound as angry anymore, maybe he was calming his temper down too – which is a good thing because we don’t function well when we’re both angry like this but hey; I'm not the one keeping him locked in a closet, so I have every right to be angry and I didn’t insult his pack like he did mine.

“Are you going to feed me already? Or do you want me to starve so that I end up as skin and bones?” I shot back, slumping down to the floor with my back against the door. I could still feel him putting his weight against it, not yet trusting that I won’t kick it down the second he steps away.

“No.” He mumbled, “You’re already skinny enough.”

Pulling a face I turned and stared at the door behind me, “I am not.” I defended myself, yeah it’s not like I have much to me but how was I suppose to gain weight when I'm constantly going for long runs? My brothers think I just go and sit down by this small creek on our land when I go for a run by myself but I actually sneak onto Saxon’s land and run the entire time.

I think Saxon knows this but hasn’t said anything because I'm sure he can smell my scent all over one area that I constantly run in. Maybe I could ask him to let me have it? That would be pretty cool to have a bigger area to run in.