.16.

"Theodore?"

"Alice, how are you ?"

"How am I?"

"Yes, that's what am asking you. Where are you? There's so much noise behind you."

"Where am I?" I don't know myself why was I repeating his questions. Maybe, it was the tequila. Shìt! I'm a little drunk and talking to Theo.

"Alice where are you?" He asked sternly.

"I am in a club."

"Have you been drinking?" He asked quietly.

"Yup. I have." and I laughed.

"You promised me you won't. You won't drink without me." His voice was now bleak.

"Promis-ed you." I emphasised on ed. "That was past. You are gone and so is everything, including all the promises. I am doing everything without you. Then, why can't I drink without you. I don't even know if you'll come back." I had lost control on my tounge. Even if I was trying to stop, I wasn't able to.

"I am so sorry to hear about your parents. I had no idea what happened. You didn't even told me. I am so much upset about that. Allan told me this afternoon when I called him. Everything is okay at college?"

Everything is okay at college? What did he meant by this question? Was he referring to the Rodgers incident? But how would he know that? Ofcourse, Allan!

"Does any of it matters?" I was in no mood of answering him what he wanted to listen. I know he wanted to make sure if I was fine. But I wasn't fine. I wasn't fine without him, without my parents. How can he expect me to be fine? How can anyone be fine when the person whom they loved the most, with everything they had, more than even themselves, considered them family, walks out on them saying all those things which actually they should have been saying and left long ago but didn't? How can one be fine when you're not even given a reason? If with all this he could be fine, then even am fine.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"What do I mean? I mean does it matter how am I or how any other thing in my life is? Had Allan not mentioned you any of the things, would you still be calling right now and asking how was I? No. You wouldn't Theo. And that is enough to know that it doesn't matter."

He was quiet now.

"Alice you are drunk! We will talk later, okay." He finally broke the silence.

"Later? When? You are already talking later Theo. I don't know why you did all that or this. You didn't call when I needed you the most. So, why do you want to talk now?"

"Alice, please. Get back home before you lead yourself into any trouble. Why do you drink when you know that you can't handle even a single shot?"

"I am here with my friends. I'll leave when they will leave. You don't have to worry." and I ended the call.

"Allan why the hell did you tell him?" I shouted as I got back.

"I am sorry Alice. He called this afternoon and I mentioned him about Rodgers. I don't when and how it accidentally slipped about your parents. I didn't knew he would call you. Is there any problem?"

"Problem? No. He wanted to know if everything was fine. Funny guy!"

"He loves you. He cares for you. He took care that Rodgers was out of college and nowhere to be seen around you. One of his uncle's is the benefactor of the university."