There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (8)

"It's brilliant!" Chelsea exclaimed, hopping on top of her bed and jumping up and down. "Jordan Emery, by George, I think you've got it!"

"George?" I questioned, confused.

"An expression," she said, waving her hand in front of her face. "But anyway, about your plan. It's amazing! It's just the thing to get Jesse back for pranking us and telling you he loves you!"

"Jesse told you he loved you?" Molly demanded, finally tearing her gaze away from the TV.

"It was a joke," I assured her, smiling as I did so. I didn't want to hurt Molly's feelings, but I didn't really think she had a chance with Jesse. Sure, she was cute, but not really Jesse's type. Yolanda wasn't even Jesse's type, and yet he liked her.

"So what is this oh-so-brilliant plan of yours?" Emily asked, flipping over on the couch so she was facing us now. "I don't think I've ever seen Chelsea this excited before. What's so exciting? How are you going to get Jesse back for what he did?"

Chelsea waved the six girls and me closer to her, looking around as if someone could be listening in. After we were all in a huddled circle on Chelsea's bed, she told them my plan.

"Jordan's going to seduce Jesse."

Molly let out a squeak, and it really looked like she was about to faint. I blinked, not expecting this reaction from her. Even if she did like Jesse, she should have known that I had no romantic interest in him and it was only for revenge. I was going to embarrass Jesse Jacobsen just like he had embarrassed me.

"But what if Jesse takes it so seriously that they go, like, all the way?" Cindy asked, causing my eyes to go wide with shock and fear.

"Th—that's not going to happen, I assure you!"

Cindy giggled. "I'm just asking, Jordan. It's possible. With the way Jesse looks at you, I'm surprised he hasn't taken you in front of everyone."

"St—stop messing around!"

"She's blushing! She's stuttering!"

Chelsea rolled her eyes at Cindy's childishness before turning back toward me. "Well, I think it's a good plan. Go as far as you want, torture him, and then pull away and laugh at him. Laugh at him just like he laughed at you when he told you he loved you! Aha, I love this!"

Chelsea was kind of an evil mastermind, I decided in my head.

"But, there's one thing that might backfire," AJ pointed out, a worried look on her face. Obviously seeing our confused faces, she continued, "What if he kisses her? That'll be Jordan's first kiss after a long time."

I blinked.

No it wouldn't.

"Um... actually... you don't have to worry about that," I mumbled, looking down at the sheets under us.

The girls stared at me, obviously trying to figure out what I had just said. Their eyes went wide, one by one, when they realized what I had meant.

"Who have you kissed recently?" Lexi demanded.

"Um... Dallas did. When he, uh, wanted to talk to me earlier today..." I explained, hoping that my cheeks weren't as red as I thought they were.

The girls started squealing, even Yolanda, which kind of freaked me out a little. They were getting all excited over the fact that Dallas had kissed me, but I wasn't that excited at all. I had been waiting for him to kiss me ever since I had met him, and when he finally did, it didn't feel like how I thought it would. I didn't know how, but it just didn't.