EIGHT; ACQUAINTANCES

(E) EIGHT; ACQUAINTANCES (S2E10)

warning: switching of tenses happening. italics is the past, regular straight type is present.

_____

"Estella," Damon announced as the blonde walked into the kitchen. "A girl named Mary Winchester was killed last night. Puncture wounds on the side of her neck. Any idea what happened?"

Estella's face morphed into her vampire face, diving into Mary's throat. Estella moaned at the taste of fresh blood as she pulled back to look at Mary.

"W-what ar-are you?" Mary cried out, clutching the side of her neck.

"I'm a monster, Mary," Estella told her, wiping the side of her bloody lips. "It was him, he made me this. His fault, it's all his fault!"

Estella bit into Mary's flesh again, her screams echoed in the night.

Estella blinked, snapping back to the present. She raised an eyebrow. "Are you accusing me of something?"

Damon raised his eyebrows, "Depends if you did it or not."

"I was hungry," Estella admitted with a shrug. She reached into the fridge, grabbing a blood bag.

Damon sighed at his little sister's actions. "Estella, you can't just go around killing people."

Estella shook her head, a look of annoyance on her face. "Careful, Damon. Your humanity is seeping through."

Damon rolled his blue eyes at the girl. "I get it, I really do. But the council is starting to get suspicious with all these attacks."

"I really don't care what the council thinks or says about me, Damon," Estella told him. She watched Stefan walk into the parlor. "We going to talk to Katherine or not?"

"Well? Let's go."

Estella smirked at Damon and followed Stefan out.

_____

"Let's do it," Damon muttered, nodding at his siblings. The three Salvatores walked over to the large stone and picked it up, moving it away so they could talk to Katherine.

Stefan rang the doorbell of the Gilbert house, bouncing on his feet while Estella and Damon stood behind him, stiff and tense. The door opened to reveal a confused Elena Gilbert. She eyed them suspiciously, wondering why all three Salvatores were on her doorstep.

"Hey," breathed Stefan. "Uh, can we talk?"

"Why?" Elena inquired, glancing behind him to look at Damon and Estella.

"We went to see Katherine," Damon informed with a knowing look.

Elena's face changed, looking even more confused as she let the three vampires in. Elena let them inside, the three moving to the kitchen. Estella quickly observed the house, having not been inside before. It was cozy and quaint, suiting Elena's personality well.

"Please..." Katherine beckoned with a knowing smirk, "...come on in. There's plenty of room for all of us."

"No thanks. I'm trying to live disease free," Estella answered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'd rather poke my eyes out," Damon stated with a sarcastic smile.

"Mmm, they're such pretty eyes," Katherine taunted, playing along with Damon's sarcasm.