Chapter 15 - De Cuba

Chalkline's POV

As I was about to go through the door I felt my phone vibrating. I took it out of my pocket.

Stephanie Calling

Conversation

Me: Yes?

Steph: You finally answer.

Me: Yes, I'm in a good mood. What do you want?

Steph: It's about Garcia, since you don't want to have the sleep over, give her a party then.

Me: This never done? me swear her birthday has come and gone.

Steph: Garrick, seriously?

Me: Me nuh have time for all of this enuh. I leave for New York in a couple days so I don't have time to plan a party.

"What party, who is having a party?" Stacy asked as she walked out of the bathroom. I held my finger up to tell her to hold on.

Steph: All we have to do is get a planner, just send me some money.

Me: Send you money for what?

"Send who money?" Stacy asked. I had to walk away from her.

Steph: So you're not paying for her party?

Me: Did I tell you that I wanted to keep a party? Pay for it since you want to keep one.

"Who is having a party?" Stacy asked. I gave her a look and she rolled her eyes and walked away.

Steph: If it was Stacy—"

Ends Call.

*Blocked*

I pushed back into my pocket then turned to Stacy., "Wah yuh problem?"

"Who were you on the phone with?"

Her phone rang and she took it up and showed me that Steph was calling her. I took the phone from her and answered, "Weh yah call mi wife for? Don't play with me yuh hear me." I hung the phone up and gave it back to Stacy.

"Wha gwan with unuh Garrick?"

I hiss my teeth. "She wants to keep a party for Garcia and asking me for money like her pickney never tell her that she don't like me."

"Oh please, come on, she is a teenager. She and LJ are going through the same thing, Garrick."

"Suh make dem keep going until me shoot one a dem, think dem nuh big enough now fi take a shot, bout dem nuh like me."

"Stop being like that, give her the party, keep it here and I will help Stephanie with the planning.

"Yuh know me nuh care just don't get me involved. I have enough things to deal with right now."

She jumped up and threw her arms around me and kissed me hard. "You are such a grumpy sweet man, I love you."

"Hmm... Don't spend too much of my money." She giggled, a plain indicator that she will be spending.

"I won't, I promise."

"Anyways, I have to go. I have to stop by the spa and the office for a meeting first with Team New York. What do you have planned?"

"Tracia coming over and then I am good for the day."

"Alright, let's have dinner tonight with the kids and Mel."