Victim N°1

Chapter 13: Victim N°1

Lena’s POV

            Today was my date with Charlie and I have to admit that I wasn’t looking forward to it. The fact that Will got me into this mess kills me. Why can’t he let me be single? It’s not like he’s on a quest to find his one true love. No! Instead, he has to help me find mine.

It wasn’t all bad though. Charlie actually seems funny compared to Chris.

I mean, how can you get bored with someone who spits gummy worms at your face? The thing I didn’t like about him is that he hates sour gummy worms! How is that even possible? First of all they are sour, and they are also in the shape of a worm! What’s not to love?

I jumped up startled when my phone next to me let out a jingle sound meaning that I got a message.

I picked it up and looked at whom it was from. Of course it was from Will. Nicole hadn’t texted me since ages, except when I texted her first, but I’ve stopped doing that. Will made me realize that clinging on to her won’t help her or me. If she ever realizes that she misses me she can come back and I’ll be here, but I’m not running after her anymore.

Will’s message read: “Hey, you stubborn girl! I hope you change your mind about love tonight! Have fun, and be your self. ;)”

I smiled at the message and shook my head. Typical Will. He cared more about this date then I do. He probably would be appalled at the choice of clothing I had made. I was wearing holey jeans, a blank v-neck t-shirt and a zip up green jumper over it. Let’s just say, I didn’t put much effort into it.

My phone jingled again. It was Will once more.

“Be sure to dress nicely… or else!” The message said.

I groaned in frustration! Did he have a camera in my room from which he could see my every move! I swear, sometimes I feel like he can read my mind. That would be creepy though…

I sighed and looked down at my clothes. They were comfy and I liked them. I didn’t want to change, but knowing Will, he would find out eventually one way or another what I wore, and then get revenge.

I went over to my closet as my little sister Amie walked into the room with her pink pj’s and her hair in two pigtails.

“Lena, why are you not in your pajamas?”

“I’m going out tonight.” I answered.

“With Nicole?” She asked excitedly as she jumped onto her bed. “I haven’t seen her for a long time!”

I looked at Amie with a sad smile. She was still so innocent. Nicole was one of her favorite people in the world and I could see that she missed her. Amie considered Nicky as a second sister and I had always thought it was mutual.

“No, not with Nicole.” I answered shaking my head.

“With Will then! Can I meet him? Pretty please?” She begged me while bouncing up and down on her bed.

I had mentioned Will to Amie a couple of times, and since then she had wanted to meet him. I was afraid to introduce them though, because that would mean that I would have to bring him to our home, and I wasn’t ready for that yet.

“Not Will either.”

Amie stopped bouncing and sat down on her bed with an adorable confused expression on her face.

“Who then?”

“A boy named Charlie.”

“You’re going on a date?” Amie asked me incredulously.