Day 23: Presumed Dead // Midori

TW: Mentions of war, death

Have a bit of Midori and Airo's childhood/lore bc yes

Hehehehehe I'm getting a little silly :3

_______________________________________________________

Her feet were slamming against the ground as she tried to run away from the remains of her village, while trying to hold on to a crying Airo.

She looked back, the path that was once the way to her home, was now the way to destruction.

After a while of running, Midori and Airo finally decided to stop and sit down. Airo stopped screaming, and just sat there, not feeling anything.

Silent tears were running down her face. She wanted to see her parents and give them the biggest hug in the world. But even for the young age she was, she knew she would never see them ever again, as another bomb was heard in the distance.

Airo's tiny and squeaky voice popped out of nowhere, "M-M-Ma-Ma..."

Midori looked down at her baby brother. He was super smart, was learning new words super fast, and she kind of envied him. "D-D-Dada..."

Now her ears perked up. "What are you trying to say??"

"R-r-eturn...?"

[How did he do that so fast?? He's baby Einstein lol]

Midori's ears drooped. "No... I don't think they will..." she looked sad. "That was a really big fight, and I don't think they're gonna make it..." she said, defeated at her own words. She presumed that her parents were dead. "I'm sorry, Airo..." she mumbled out, before curling up into a ball and thinking, worried about how this will affect her future...

_________________________________________

My motivation, effort, and ideas jumped out a window-

Sorry if the ending's not good enough lol

Edit: I was literally falling asleep on the keyboard while writing this. I'm proud of myself for nearly sleeping on my computer but being able to write something that doesn't sound like pure trash-