Chapter 12 - The Past

"I could lay here forever," Kian whispers in my ear, kissing my cheek.

I look up at him, admiring his beauty. I run my hand through his hair, closing my eyes and cuddling into his side. I lay my arm across his abdomen, feeling the muscles resting beneath his shirt. He hugs my shoulder tight, kissing my forehead.

"Me too," I reply honestly.

And I really could.

Me and Kian are laying on a large blanket out behind my house, staring at the sunset. We've been laying here for an hour, just talking and cuddling. I personally think we should do this more often.

He runs a hand down my hair, sending chills all over my body.

"You cold?" He asks, noticing my shiver. He grabs the edge of the blanket we lay on, pulling it over us and I snuggle into him deeper, resting my head on his chest. I can hear his heart beat steadily in his chest.

"Maddie?" Kian runs his hand over my hair again, pausing. "Can I ask you something?"

I pull away from his chest, propping myself up on my elbow so I can look at him.

"Yeah." I smile at him, tracing circles on his stomach.

"Um, sorry if this upsets you but I'm curious. Where's your mom?" He looks at me seriously.

I sigh, realizing he doesn't know about my family much.

I bite my lip, looking away before sitting up.

"She passed away when I was eleven," I tell him.

He sits up next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I'm so sorry," he says quietly.

"She had a brain tumor," I look at him, smiling weakly. "She fought so hard for three years. Of course I had no idea what was going on, I just knew she was sick."

He stays silent, absorbing what I tell him.

"Dad got married two years later. She was terrible. She hated me." I laugh a bit, remembering my step-loser mother. "They got divorced, so that's when we moved here."

"I'm sorry," he says again.

I turn towards him, smiling.

I kiss his cheek before standing up and motioning him to stand up as well.

He grabs the blanket and follows me into the house, where we decide to watch a few movies, eventually falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry is short and rushed! I wanted to update today but I had to go to a track meet so I wrote this in about thirty minutes.

I have to go to bed.

12 votes?

xox -Delilah