Any fun?

Marcy was eight, and Bonnie was technically barely over a month old, even though she acted and seemed like an eight-year-old. Ironically, Bonnie was the teacher in this pair. She had many things right, or almost exactly correct. She had seen and heard many sights and sounds. She even had vague memories of being made in separate gum factories. However, she was almost completely wrong about one thing she told Marcy. She had said they were sisters. Yes, Bonnie did contain some of Marcy's mom's DNA. That only made her more human than the next stride of walking gum in this dump. Although they felt like sisters, and even thought they were sisters, they weren't that closely related. Bonnie was more gum and ooze gas than anything. As a matter of fact, they should be more intrigued by the fact that Bonnie was not evil since the ooze was inside her. The only thing keeping her good was the fact that gum's sweetness took over her as a person. To sum things up, they kind of were sisters. While, at the same time, they weren't.

They ended up falling back asleep for a couple of hours and waking up to a sky full of sun and small remains of hope.

"So..." Marcy looked around. "Where to now?"

"Hmmm..." Bonnie tried to think of a way to ask something without making Marcy over-think. Again. "Do you feel cold, Marceline ?"

Marcy looked at her questioning face. She stared into her eyes, which were glistening as a reflection from the sun. "Ehh, kinda. The left side of my body did more for some reason. I thought it would be warmer since I was closer to that side of the tent..."

Bonnie was confirmed.

"Why'd ya ask?"

"Oh just," she pinched Marcy's cheek, "worried about my sister!"

Marcy smiled. "Aye," she pushed Bonnie's arm away, "that's mah cheek meat! Mine, and mine only!"

Bonnie laughed. "Oh yeah? Gimme them cheeks!" Bonnie put both her hands on Marcy's face and pinched her cheeks.

Marcy laughed and tried to push Bonnie's hands away. "Aaah! No, staap it!"

"Those cheeks are mine, Marceline ! Mine!"

Marcy fell over as Bonnie kept trying to pinch her cheeks. Bonnie straddled Marcy to continue. "No, don't pinch my cheeks off! I need em!"

She took her arms away, still straddling the girl. She did the thinking face, but a more playful version. "Hmm, I guess I'll have to get them softies another way... I'll just bite them off!" Bonnie quickly leaned over and pretended to eat Marcy's jaws. Marcy laughed almost uncontrollably. "N-No! Stop eating mah face ya crazy nut!"

Bonnie gently nibbled her cheek. "Grrr, but it tastes so good!", she said before continuing.

Marcy laughed louder. "Naaoo! Why you trying to eat me Bonnibel!!"

Bonnie sat up in her lap. "Hm, well I thought you said your cheek was made-a meat..."

Marcy facepalmed. "No, silly, I just said cheek meat. It's not real meat."

"Oh, you sure? I coulda sworn you said it was food..."

"Ha. Nope." Marcy just smiled at her.

Bonnie got off Marcy and held out a hand to Marcy. "Lets get going then." She pulled her to her feet. They still held hands as they walked. "And hey, if you're going to tell me something, let it be true, instead of tempting me like that. Now I'm hungry."

"I thought you didn't need to eat much."

"Well hey, food sounds good."

She punched Bonnie in the arm saying: "but ya don't go chompin' on people's faces Bonnie. "

"Whateves Mar-Mar. Worth a shot. Not like you'll get me back or anything. "

"Oh, don't worry. I'll eat you out later."

Man, how naïve the girls were now.

***

Bubblegum guided Marcy away from the cold breeze of the Ice King. They ended up coming to a suburban neighborhood after almost an hour of walking, talking, and giggling. Bonnie realized this must mean they are either still downtown, or finally reaching the borderline of uptown. BB wasn't too sure. The first house the stumbled upon was a one-story with a zombie dog chained up outside. Its' bark scared Marcy a bit. She was honestly worried it would break off the chain. So the girls had decided to look in people's houses for the milk (malk, mulk, whatever), but only if the house was safe to venture inside of. If they couldn't find it, they'd still collect things in that house in particular. However, they walked past the first house because of the dog. Bonnie tried to convince Marcy to no avail. They ended up skipping the next house to because it was falling apart too badly inside. The next house was fine, except for the fact that the fruits and vegetables spoiled. The people preceding them in that house only left about three pairs of undies, five shirts, four shorts, and a necklace. Even sadder, the girls couldn't fit all they found. The shirts were different sizes, and the smallest were even big on them. The shorts luckily fit them better though, only one being the odd size out as way too big. Two of the um....undies fit pretty well, one being actually too small. They ended up deciding to bring all the clothes they could find in case they needed it.

Bonnie thought maybe she would out-grow them. Marcy didn't think they'd be here long enough for that, but BB convinced her they might need it anyway, "in case a someone steals our clothes! Like a zombie or a bear or a raccoon!" She made Marcy laugh as she hoped she would. They didn't find a bag to carry the stuff in though, so they ended up shoving the clothes in the already over-stuffed bag from Simon. They ended up taking turns carrying it because it got heavier. Bonnie put it on as Marcy carried a pocket knife she found in the house. After not finding the milk (and taking a few snacks) they went to the next house.

Not long after walking in they noticed an infected man and quickly ran outside. He was still capable of speech, so he must not have been messed up for long. They ran and ran, not worrying about direction as much as distance. They slowed their pace after running about five minutes at full speed, hoping they lost him.

Oh, this was gonna be a long ride.