Snapped

Author's Note: Hi Everyone!! Welcome! I wrote this story several years now and while it has become quite popular (to me at least), I'm not very happy with some of the things in it. I started a rewrite for it a few years ago but I don't see myself finishing that because instead of a revision, it's kind of turned into a completely different story.

So, starting today {11/27/2020} I'm going to revise this little by little.

Thanks for reading!!

Chloe's POV

"Hey dad," I sang while throwing my arms around his neck and peering over his shoulder at the Microsoft excel document on his pricey laptop screen. "Violet's going to drive me to the airport."

My sister Sienna and I were going to the Hamptons for the weekend in place of my dad for a charity event. He had to fly back to Paris because my grandpa was recently hospitalized.

"I still don't like the idea of you flying on a plane by yourself," he closed the laptop screen and stood up, my arms falling back to my sides.

I sighed. My dad was one of the most paranoid people and without a doubt the most overprotective dad in the entire world. He did have three very attractive daughters though, so I guess he should be protective. He let my thirteen year old brother Bradley fly wherever he wanted by himself just as long as he had a good excuse. He almost always had a good excuse, "Dad, I'm seventeen, I'll be ok and Sienna's meeting me at the airport as soon as I land so..."

"Sienna too though. I don't want either of you going-"

"Sienna's been living on her own in New York and you never said anything about that!" I snapped, immediately feeling bad about doing it. "Dad, I'll be fine. What's honestly going to happen to me anyways?"

"Nothing because I'm going to have you fly on the jet," he pulled his phone out and started to walk out of the office and into the main lobby. "Carissa, can you call LA Airways and have them get a jet ready for..." dad paused to look at me, "When are you supposed to be leaving, Chloe?"

"Well my plane is supposed to be leaving in an hour-"

"Can you have it ready by 5 o'clock then?" He asked Carissa.

"I'll call them right now, Mr. Cruise," Carissa said with a smile, the phone already to her ear. Everyone loved my dad. I hadn't ever met a person who didn't either find him attractive or a well put together entrepreneur.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he now started to call someone.

"Calling Violet, telling her that she doesn't have to drive you. I will."

Well that was a rarity. Driving me to the airport was going to take precious time out of his busy work schedule. It was weird to see my dad not working constantly anymore.

"You sure? I mean, you kind of have a company to run."

"It's the last time I'm going to see you for a week, the least I can do is drive you."

+
+
+

"Hey Clo," Sienna greeted me as soon as I walked into the beach house that my dad rented out for the weekend.

"Hi SiSi," I said while walking into her hug. I hadn't seen my sister in a little over three months. I barely even texted her anymore. I couldn't help but notice the guy standing at her side. The guy was everything my dad would definitely disapprove of.

He was tall and slim, with shaggy brown hair and tattoos visible all over his exposed tanned skin. His choice of clothing was less than desirable too. Ripped skinny jeans and a plain white shirt with the sleeves ripped off so it was more of a tank top.