chapter 30✿

It's been two days since Michael found out about Luke and I, and I haven't seen him since. I had tried calling him, only to get sent to voicemail every time. He wouldn't reply to my many text messages either.

"What's on your mind?" Luke asks me as he strokes my hair. We were currently lying on the couch watching Fast Five, my favourite movie of the franchise.

"Nothing." I say.

"What are you worried about?" He asks.

"How do you know i'm worried about something?"

"Because," He points to my forehead, "You always get a crinkle between your eyebrows when you worry about something."

It was these things about Luke. How he noticed the little, tiniest things about me. No one has ever cared enough about me to realize these things.

"Michael hasn't been home in two days. And it's not like he's at Calum's or anything. I called Parker next door and he said Michael wasn't there. I don't know where he could be." I explain.

"He's probably at one of his old friend's houses. He just needs time to cool off and be alone."

"He's been cooling off for two days. And his only old friends here are people you don't ever want to know." I say.

"What do you mean?" Luke questions.

"Michael's old friends are nothing like you, Calum, Ash and everybody. They're bad. Like, scary bad. You won't come across one person in that group that hasn't been to jail. Trust me, Michael would be better off staying on a park bench rather than staying with them." I say. I knew my statement was pretty extreme, but it was true.

"Well, Michael did move to Sydney to get away from those kinds of people. So I doubt he'd go back to them." Luke says.

"I don't know. He was really mad, who knows what he'd do. Honestly Luke, when I saw him like that―I was scared. I was scared of my own brother." I say.

"Me too." Luke says in almost a whisper.

"And I feel so bad for my dad. His life was all calm and dandy and then here we come along and just create drama and craziness."

"Your dad understands. He knows it's not your fault. He even told me how glad he is that you're here." Luke tells me.

"Are you suddenly best friends with my dad?" I chuckle, as does he.

"Come on." He stands up and holds his hand out.

"Where?"

"We're going to find Michael." He says as I take his hand.

-

"Do you know where any of them live?" Luke asks me once we're walking down the street.

"Uh, yeah." I say.

Of course I knew where they lived. Once Michael moved, I started hanging out with the exact group he used to hang out with. That's how I met Ian in the first place. Ian, Clay, and all the others they hang out with are the exact people I told Luke about. I just left out that I used to hang out with them too. And that Ian still does.

Once we got to Clay's house, I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. After what felt like hours, Clay finally opened the door. I felt as if I hadn't seen him in years, when in actual fact it had only been a little over a month. The distinct smell of marijuana immediately filled my nose.

"May? What are you doing here?" Clay asked. His eyes were red and small, he was clearly high.

"Is Michael here?" I ask.