Pancakes- Chapter 5

-Dick's POV-

"Lexi, wake up." I gently shook her awake. She sat up quickly, looking startled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you."

"It's fine." She dismissed, smiling at me. "What's up?" She asked, running a hand through her dishevled hair.

"Get up. I'm taking you to breakfast."

"Breakfast? I don't have any clothes." She looked nervous, like she was trying to find a good excuse not to go.

"I took the liberty of Zeta-ing back to Gotham and breaking into you old room. I was just going to buy you some, but I don't know your size."

"You broke into my parent's house?!"

"Well... yeah... But the window was unlocked and the alarm wasn't on, so they partcially invited me in!"

She shook her head, seemingly amused. "Fine. Just let me clean up. I feel gross. Do you have a shower?" I nodded, pointing to the room behind me. She stood up and I handed her the clothes, our hands brushing in the process. My heart leap, but she acted as if nothing happened. Then again, the brushing of hands is part of everyday life. Maybe touching my hand meant nothing to her anymore. "Thanks." she smiled, going to the bathroom. "Hey Dick?" she called from behind the door.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Who's are these girl toiletries for?"

Shit. I mumbled, not wanting her to get the wrong idea. "They're for M'gann, I swear." It was true, but what if she thought that I was seeing someone else?

"Think she'll mind if I use them? I don't want to use guy stuff." Phew.

"I'm sure she won't mind. And if she does, we can just replace it." I called back. I heard the water turn on and I threw on some jeans and a tshirt, along with my sunglasses. When I was finished, I heard a blowdryer, then she came out. Not knowing what to grab, I had just taken some skinny jeans (for my own enjoyment), a crewneck pullover, and some converse. But of course, she pulled it off flawlessly. I couldn't help but lick my lips at her endless expanse of legs. I hadn't noticed last night, but her long black hair grew down almost to her waist in soft black waves. She wore no makeup, not that she needed any.

"Ready?" she asked me, pulling on some fingerless gloves that showed her fingertips, but easily hid the ring. Was she embarrassed that she still wore it?

"Um, yeah. Let's go." I agreed, grabbing a jacket and tossing her one of my older ones that had gotten too small. Then she slipped her utility belt in the inside pocket.

When I gave her a look, she shrugged and said, "What? First thing Batman taught me. I never leave home without it."

"I know, I'm just surprised that you still do it." I smirked, happy to have her back. "Let's go." I gesturbed to the Zeta-tube teleporter. Nightwing P01, Fox P09. The machine recognized us and we were zapped to Gotham. We exited the alley that the tube we were ported to was located in and walked out into the street. She followed me to a bakery that we had gone to before when we were younger and we seated ourselves in the back of the place.

"May I take your order?" The little old woman who owned the joint asked. "My stars. It's little Dick Grayson, isn't it? All grown up!" She exclaimed, wrapping me up in a hug. "It's so great to see you my dear. And you! You look familiar. Did you by any chance have blonde hair at one point?" She asked Lexi.

"Yes mam." Lexi said politely.

"Why, little Starling. It's so good to see you both here again!"

"I go by Alexia now, actually. Starling is my middle name." Lex corrected.

"Oh, such a pretty name for a pretty girl. You better not let this one ever get away Dick." That made everything ackward, because I had indeed let her get away. Ms.Johnson(the old lady) seemed to notice. "Well, what can I get you two?"

"I'll have the spinach omlette and plain pancakes with a hazelnut coffe, and she'll have a hot chocolate with chocolate chip pancakes, if I remember correctly?" I sent a questioning look to Lexi, who nodded, smiling at me.

"Coming right up kids."

"I can't believe you remembered my order." Lexi smiled in amazement.

"I remember everything about you." I said seriously. That made things ackward again, but she recovered.

"So um... What made you want to get breakfast?" She asked, playing with the salt shaker.

"I wanted to catch up." I replied simply.

"Oh." came the reply. It was silent after that until Ms. Johnson came and brought us our drink and left without a word. "Dick, I sense that you want to tell me something. You should just say it."

I took a deep breath, knowing that I had to get my feelings out in the open. "Lex, I-"

"Dick!? Hey!" Zatanna sqealed, walking inside the resturant. Damn it.

"Hey Z... What are you doing here?" I asked, faking excitement. Zatanna was a good friend, but could her timing be any worse?

"Just getting some breakfast before a... meeting... at work..." she trailed off, hinting that it had to do with the Justice League. She slid into the extra seat. "So, who is this?"

"Hi, I'm Lex-"

"This is Fox." I cut her off. "She's joining the Team.

"Re-joining, actually." Lexi corrected. "Zatanna, right?"

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you." Zatanna grinned at her. "Did you say your name was Lexi?" Lexi nodded. "Oh my gosh, I know you! Dick talks about you all the time!" She exclaimed. Oh no.

"I'll be in the restroom." I mumbled, standing up and walking away, not wanting to be there when Zatanna embarrassed me.

-Zatanna's POV-

"He's embarrassed." I giggled. She smiled at me.

"What did you mean by that?" She asked.

"About what?"

"Does he really talk about me all the time?"

"Oh yeah. When we dated, all he did was talk about you. No offense, but it got annoying, so I broke it off." I shrugged. "Oh, I hope things aren't ackward now because we both dated him."

"Not at all. I already knew about that." When I arched an eyebrow, she shrugged. "I'm a detective."

"Yup, you really were trained by Batman." I laughed. After looking at her for awhile, I said,"You still have feelings for him, don't you?" She looked up, but didn't reply. "You don't have to answer. I can see it in your eyes. Let me just say this. That boy... he loves you. A lot. He never stopped. So don't string him along. Okay?" She nodded. "I'm leaving. Tell Dick that I'll see him around. I hope to see you soon too." And with that, I took my leave.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT AND VOTE! SPREAD THE WORD THAT THE SEQUEL IS OUT!! LETS GET THESE READS UP GUYS.