Bucky- Intruder Pt. 2

It's been two years since Sebastian- Bucky, broke into your apartment, and so much has happened since then.

After a few months of him living with you, you were slightly surprised when you opened your door to find Steve Rogers in the hallway.

Presently, you press a quick kiss to Bucky's cheek and wave goodbye.

He smiles softly. "I'll be home before midnight, I promise."

Glancing over his shoulder, you see Steve and Natasha smirking.

A light blush burns your ears. "It's fine, Buck. Stay out as long as you want; I'll probably asleep by the time you get back anyways."

He nods. "You're going to be there when I get back, right?"

You squeeze his human hand. "Yes, I will be there. Why wouldn't I?"

He shrugs a shoulder and mumbles something along the lines of "board with me," and "being a burden".

Not thinking twice about it, you pull him into a tight hug and grin when he buries his face in your hair.

"For one, I'd never get bored with you, Buck; there's always something exciting going on when you're best friends with Captain America. And two, you're not a burden; you're the closest thing I have to family and my roommate. Got it?" You say quietly.

He lets out a deeps sigh. "Got it,"

"And it's not like this is the last time you'll see me. I'm going to be at home, and you'll probably find me half asleep watching Netflix with a bag of chips half spilled all over the floor." You pull back and push a strand of hair behind his ear. "Besides, its your friends birthday, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't come home at all. Okay?"

He nods. "Thanks, (Y/n), I don't know what I would do without you."

Slipping out of his grasp, you wave at him once more and exit the bar. Normally, you wouldn't be walking alone this late at night in fears of getting kidnapped or mugged, but with the help of the famous Black Widow, Winter Solider, and Captain America, they taught you a few moves in case something ever happens.

And by a few moves, you mean you can take down a small group of HYDRA agents with no sweat. Sure, your fighting skills are basically nothing compared to the super Solider's, but you like to think that you're making progress.

The second you get home, you can tell something's off. The locks on the door have all been oddly screwed off, and your welcome home mat is sliced right down the middle.

You fish around in your purse for your phone to call Bucky, but you're suddenly shoved inside your apartment and the door slams shut before you.

Hurriedly, you climb to your feet and lower yourself into a fighting stance. Before you could blink, something heavy and hollow slams against the back of your head. A call for help dies on your lips as you fall to the floor unconscious.
_______________________________

Bucky chuckles when Steve finishes telling the story of how the two of them had first met, but a bad feeling rises in his chest.

Instantly, he checks in on (Y/n) just to make sure.

"Calling your girlfriend, Barnes?" Natasha teases, though her expression grows serious when he stands in a rush.

"She's not answering. I'm gonna go," He says, throwing a nervous glance towards the door.

"C'mon, Buck, she's probably sleep or some-"

Bucky's phone beeps with an incoming message, and before Natasha an Steve can ask about the sudden paling of his face, he's ripping out of the bar.

"Let's go," Steve and Natasha quickly follow after him.

Once they've reached the complex, Steve's eye catches a black van stick out amongst the smaller cars parked along the street, though he doesn't give it much through and makes it to Bucky and (Y/n)'s shared apartment just in time to witness Bucky crashing to his knees in the center of the living room.

"They took her," He croaks, and instantly, Steve sprints out of the room just in time to see the van speed away.

Clenching his teeth, he heads back and finds Bucky curled up against the wall muttering words he's unable to hear.

Natasha crouches down to his level, and delivers a sharp slap to his cheek.

Steve flinches. "Natasha!"

Gasping, Bucky leaps up and drives his metal arm through the wall.

"We'll find her," Natasha tells him softly, and gets to work on finding any clues left around the room. "we just need to know where they're taking her first."

Bucky's eyes flash murderously. "I already know,"
_______________________________

The dull throb in the back of your head makes you jerk awake. Taking a deep breath, you realize that there's tap over your mouth and your wrists and ankles are bound to the metal chair by a thick rope.

Almost instantly, you being licking at the tape and rubbing the ropes quickly. Inhaling when the tape falls off your mouth, you hunch over and bite at the ropes.

The friction mixed with your sharp teeth snaps one of the ropes, and you're quick to unbind the rest of your limbs.

You should've known that was too easy. You should've given it a second thought when you threw open the door and the barrel of the a gun slammed against your forehead.
_______________________________

"Are you sure this is it?" Steve mutters, giving Natasha a look when she nods.

"This is it. The tracker in her shirt points directly at that building," Natasha motions to one of the many abandoned warehouses along the docks.

Without a sound, Bucky stands and sprints to the building.

"Wait! We need a-!" Steve hisses, but sighs when the sound of gun fire cuts him off. "Let's just..." He says to Natasha, but she's already inside.

When Steve entered the warehouse, dead and unconscious bodies litter the ground. A distant gun shot and a cry makes Steve hold up his shield and run in that direction.

"Steve," A voice hisses, and he stops dead in his tracks when he hears Bucky's muffled sobs. That means...

He all but runs into Natasha when he spots her standing outside an open door, rubbing at her arms.

"She's alive," She murmurs, grinning lightly.

Peeking his head inside, he sees Bucky's head is on your lap with his arms wrapped around your waist, your hands calming combing through his hair as he cries into your waist.

You look up and give him a weak smile. "Thank you,"