I wish

Roxanne and I were walking through the hallway talking about the project.

I groaned, "What is it about again?"

Roxanne face softened, "I can just do it and put your name on it, you know. It's no big deal."

"No, I'm not letting you do it by yourself." I protested.

She grinned, "So my place today?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I'll tell Lee."

"Do you have to tell her everything you're doing?"

"She's my girlfriend. So yeah, I guess." I muttered.

She patted my back, "Good luck with that. I think it's obvious that I'm not her favorite person."

~~~~

We were at lunch watching Amber and Ashley argue over fries. I was sitting in Lee's lap and playing in hair. Lee's arms were loosely wrapped around my waist.

Her lips found my ear and I involuntarily shivered, "So I was thinking that I could take you out tonight and when we get back we can watch one of those sappy chick flicks or maybe have some fun."

I groaned.

"Or maybe not. What's wrong?"

I turned around to face her. "Roxanne and I have a project to do so I'm going by her place to work on it."

"Roxanne? You couldn't have found a better partner?" She scoffed.

"She's okay. She's a good partner."

"I bet she is."

"Are you jealous?" I grinned.

"I am not." She huffed.

"Aww, you're so adorable." I cooed.

"Whatever." She mumbled.

I kissed her cheek. After a while she started up again. "So why her place though? What about, I don't know, the library?

"I don't know. She suggested it. Do you want me to go to the library then?"

"Nope." She popped the p.

"Okay."

She traced patterns on my hip. "You're coming home though right?" She asked and I could swear I heard hope in her voice.

"Of course." I pecked her lips.

"Okay, so call me to pick you up." She kissed the side of my head.

"Roxanne could just drop me off, you know."

"Or you can call me." She winked.

"Okay, I will." I kissed her nose and she scrunched up her face.

A fry flew in our direction. "Hey!" I yelled.

Jace and Jasper erupted in laughter and I could feel Lee vibrating under me.

"It wasn't me." Haylee held up her hands in surrender.

"Neither me." Ashley did the same.

Amber was looking everywhere except me.

"Amber."

She laughed, "I was aiming at Lee but-"

"Me?" Lee asked incredulously.

Amber was about to answer when the bell rang.

"Saved by the bell." Ashley chuckled and pulled Amber out the cafeteria.