t e n

t e n

"before i met you, i never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason."

**

"Hello!" The lady at the entrance greeted us, a wide grin spread across her face.

"Hello," I replied politely whilst handing her my slip. Her eyes scanned over it before she added it to the pile that already sat beside her.

"Your audition should be around quarter past eleven, good luck!" She quickly collected my number from the printer and placed it into my hands. My number read as 165998, thank goodness that I didn't have any superstitions.

"Thank you," I smiled at her before walking over to sit in the waiting area. The room itself was massive but appeared extremely small due to the hundreds of ambition singers who had already arrived and were awaiting their auditions.

"There's a free booth over there," Dani quietly pointed out, I could tell that a lot of people's attention had been diverted towards me as I knew, for myself, that I was currently standing in the doorway looking completely clueless and like a lost puppy.

I was pulled from my daze as I felt Ariane giving me a slight nudge from behind, telling me to follow Dani. As I walked, I made sure to keep my eyes on the ground as, if I looked up I'm sure that I would find many eyes staring me down, trying to patronise me.

"These people are insane," I heard Abbie whisper as we sat down, luckily only my friends and I heard her.

"You got that right," I muttered. My nerves had begun creeping into my stomach and the many bitchy teenagers that surrounded our booth were not helping.

"You okay, Chloe?" Sam asked me, after making sure that everyone had else had got back to whatever they were doing before I had arrived.

"I'm fine, I just didn't think that everyone would be so rude." I answered him honestly.

"I'm sure that they aren't usually like this, everyone will be just as nervous as you are," He reassured me with a warm smile, "Now, is anyone thirsty?" He took in all of our orders before hurrying off towards the refreshments stand.

In front of me I saw my three friends mouth's suddenly open as they were gaping towards someone, or something, that had clearly just entered the room.

"What?" I asked the three of them, trying to read their faces for any answer.

"That bitch." Ash muttered as she attempted to get out of the booth but Ariane quickly pulled her back down.

"Guys, what is it?" I asked them yet again, I felt a surge of panic through me, "Is it Cara?!" I questioned.

"No," Ash responded bluntly, "It's Sian."

"What? Why is she here? I didn't ask her to come, she wasn't one of the five people that I brought with me?!" None of my friends had the same confused and bewildered expression that was on my own face. What the hell was going on?

"She's here to audition," Ariane answered me. What? "She heard us talking about you having the audition, she must've then entered herself."

"I guess it's a bit unexpected but I don't see what's wrong with her wanting to audition?" I was still extremely confused and it seemed as if my friends knew something that I didn't, as always, "Plus like, they have to narrow down the people who audition so she must've entered around the same as me - or earlier."

"Sure, there would be nothing wrong with it if she just wanted to audition, but she knew you were going to be here and she knew that it would throw you off if she was also here." Ash spoke slowly, Sian wouldn't go to all that effort just to spite me. Would she?

"Guys I understand your concern but I honestly just think she's here to audition for herself, just like very one else here." I reasoned with them.

"Think what you want, just as long as her being here isn't going to affect you."

"Of course it won't, we aren't exactly friends anymore so..." I looked down towards the table, I didn't know anymore what my relationship with Sian was.

"Don't worry about it babe, you don't need her," She said just as Sam arrived with all of ours drinks. I thanked him before grabbing my diet coke a taking a sip.

"I might quickly go to the toilet," I spoke to them, hopping out of the booth, "I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Be careful and try not to get lost," Ash joked but it just made me more anxious, "Oh, sorry that probably didn't help,"

"It's fine, I'll be right back,"

**

"Shit," I mumbled to myself, slightly too loudly as my voice echoed down the empty hallways. I had been wandering about the corridors for around ten minutes now and I was completely lost. Of course, I also had no phone signal as it seemed that I had ventured into a black hole.

"Are you alright?" An unfamiliar voice sounded behind me. I quickly turned around to see someone standing at the end of the hallway. He appeared to be quite young, probably only a few years older than me. As he came closer I could see that he had brown, curly hair and bright green eyes. He was much taller than myself and up his arms he had many black tattoos. Something about him seemed familiar, I couldn't understand what.

"Oh, um... yeah, I'm," I fumbled with my words, I guess you could say that I was socially awkward.

The boy took a few more steps towards me and his features suddenly became a lot more prominent. I suddenly realised who it was, Harry Styles. Holy shit.

"Are you lost?" He asked as his eyes tried to read my expression. Stay calm Chloe, I repeatedly thought to myself.

"Yeah, I was trying to find the bathroom. Sorry, " I muttered, avoiding eye contact.

"Don't apologise, you aren't that far from them actually," He grinned at me, revealing the small dimples on his cheeks, "Just go straight, turn left then go down the second right turn and you'll be there."

"Thank you so much," I smiled back at him. Sure, I was used to seeing pictures of him all over my Twitter feed but in person he was definitely a lot more attractive.

"It's okay babe, are you here for an audition?" He questioned, even his voice was attractive.

"Y-yeah, I'm really nervous though," I stuttered.

"Don't be, I'm sure you'll be amazing," He said, taking more steps in my direction until he was directly in front me, "I could maybe have a word with Simon," I laughed at his proposal

"You don't even know my name," I reminded him.

"What's your name then?" He laughed as he spoke.

"Chloe," I answered, "And I already know yours,"

"Do you now?" He smirked.

"Yes, Harry," I emphasise for more effect.

"Okay, Chloe," He imitated me, I bit my lip to try and stifle my laughter. He quickly stopped laughing and looked into my eyes.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing," He shook his head and lent towards me, "I was just thinking that it would be great if I could see you around more often," He grinned.

"Uh," I didn't know what to say.

"Hopefully," He said again.

"Thanks," I chuckled, "Says the celebrity,"

"Whatever," He joined in with my laughter.

I looked down to my watch and I saw that it read five to eleven. Quickly I returned my attention to Harry and spoke, "I should probably head back now, thank you for the directions though. And I'm sorry again for causing any inconvenience. "

"Stop apologising. It's my pleasure," He smirked again, "Good luck, Chloe," He finally said before turning on his heels and walking back down the corridor. My mind had completely forgotten about my original task as I just stood, baffled over my encounter with Harry Styles.

**

harry, haRry, haRRY, HARRY okay bye :)