Chapter Forty-Seven

Asher

The whole car was silent. Taylor was asleep in Carlos' lap while Donovan was driving. Even though Taylor and Carlos fight all the time, they are actually pretty good friends. I'm so glad that this is actually over. The spell was lifted since Odin is dead.But I still felt the same. Nothing changed.

"Wait" I whispered before turning to Dr. Nale. "Wasn't I supposed to feel it? Like when the spell lifted, wasn't I supposed to feel something?" I asked him.

Dr. Nale shook his head. "Since Eve is pregnant, only she will be able to feel it since she's connected to the baby" he informed me. "You should ask her"

I nodded in understanding and put down my wall. Before I could even say something, Eve was panicking in my head. 'Oh my gosh. Asher where were you! I've been trying to reach you for hours! I was so scared!'

'What happened? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?' I questioned. I wouldn't felt anything because of my wall. I swear if something happened-

'I'm fine. The baby is perfect. I just felt this weird thing. It was like taking a big blanket off of me' she said slowly.

I smiled. 'Like a weight was lifted off your shoulders' I commented.

'Yeah. I don't know what it is' she told me.

"What would it feel like?" I asked Dr. Nale.

He thought about it for a second. "Like taking off a drenched coat" he stated. Sounds kinda weird, but close to what Eve was explaining.

'It was the spell. It's broken' I informed my mate. I was instantly filled with her happiness and relief.

'That's amazing. How did-'

She didn't even get to finish. She was just gone. It wasn't like she put her wall up. She just wasn't there anymore. "Don. Drive faster!" I commanded. He pressed down on the gas pedal, and we were speeding through the highway.

"Alpha, what's going on?" Dr. Nale inquired.

I ignored him and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I dialed Shawn's number. I listened to the stupid ringing noise until it went to voicemail. Grunting in frustration, I called Hope. Again, it went to voicemail. "Fuck!" I cursed. I went through my contacts and called Jordyn. "Pick up. Please pick up" I chanted.

After the fourth ring, Jordyn answered."Asher. The castle. It's under attack" she rushed out.

"Dammit!" I shouted. "Where's Eve?" I questioned. There was complete silence on the other end. "Where's my mate?!" I yelled.

Jordyn shrieked. "I don't know. She's not in the safe house"

My phone crushed in my hand and I dropped the pieces on the ground. "Drive faster!" I demanded. We instantly sped up, resulting in Taylor waking up.

"What's going on?" she asked sleepily.

I gotta help Eve. We have to get to the castle. "The castle is under attack. And no one knows where Eve is" I choked out. She's carrying our baby. She can't get hurt or it'll hurt the baby.

"She'll be fine, Alpha. The guards will protect her, along with Ryan's pack" Dr. Nale stated.

I growled. "I can't feel her!" I shouted. 'Warriors go to the castle. It's under attack. Find your Luna and keep her safe' I ordered through the pack-link.

Brian mind-linked me. '20 warriors are staying here' he informed me. The twenty warriors protect the people that stay.

I quickly responded to Brian before telling Donovan to go faster.

*****

Ten minutes later, we arrived at the castle. There were several dead bodies, most of them were obviously rogues. My warriors and Ryan's warriors were engrossed in the battle. We all jumped out of the car and started running. In human form, Carlos ran towards the castle with Taylor.

"Tay!" I shouted as a dirty grey wolf pounced at her. Luckily, Carlos jumped at the wolf, shifting mid-air. I sighed in relief before running to the castle. I grabbed Taylor's arm as I ran past her. "Stay inside" I demanded. She shakily nodded and awkwardly stood in the center of the room.

Maybe I shouldn't leave her out in the open. I quickly opened a door to one of the many guest rooms and pulled Taylor inside. "Stay here" I told her before running off. I down the hallway, where Eve's scent was getting stronger. I stopped in front of a closed door. I could smell her scent. But along with Eve's scent, was the smell of other werewolves.

There were about five scents, but one of them wasn't rogue. 'That ass-hole is dead!' Gavin shouted in my head. I silently agreed with him as I opened the door. Immediately, I was surrounded. There were four men surrounding me. One of them had power radiating off of him, but he still smelt rogue. 'Alpha of rogues' Gavin filled in for me.

I growled at him, and one of his men clawed at me. Dodging his attack, I grabbed his hand before swiftly breaking it. He roared in pain and dropped to the floor. I quickly snapped his neck, killing him. But two more men attacked me. The Alpha watched humorously as his men clawed at me.

I felt blood dripping down my arms and sides as they scratched me. I extended my own claws and swung at one of their necks. Blood poured out as he dropped to the ground. The other man's claws dug into my skin. I turned around and clasped onto his neck. I squeezed until I heard a nice crack. Dropping the dead body, I turned to the Alpha.

He applauded me as I growled at him. "Where's my mate?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Quite a show you put on" he stated. I warned him to stop with a growl. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Your precious Queen is still alive" he said in a bored tone.

My eyes darkened as Gavin fought for control. "Where is she?!" I shouted.

"You may come out now" the Alpha stated. The bathroom door opened and Malcom walked out with Eve in front of him. I stepped forward, but the Alpha pushed me back. "You didn't think it would be this easy right?" he questioned.

Tears streamed down Eve's face as she held her stomach that already had a little bump. "What do you want?" I asked the man.

"Give up the throne" he demanded.

"Asher don't do it!" Eve shouted. Malcom held a knife to her throat and she instantly shut her mouth.

I growled at the men. Malcom shook his head and tsked me. In one swift movement, he had Eve's hands behind her back as he held the knife to her stomach. The baby. "Please, don't" I begged.

Footsteps echoed from outside, but they stopped at the door. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Shawn, Brian, Hope, and Jacobs. "River" Hope whispered.

The Alpha smirked. "Nice to see you again, mate" he spit out the word. "I guess I'm going to have to kill you again" he sighed. We all growled at him. He's the Alpha rogue that is Hope's mate. We're gonna have a lot of fun killing him.

"You're outnumbered" Jacobs pointed out. "Just give up"

River shook his head. "Thomas Jacobs. Trying to be good" he chuckled, taunting Jacobs. "You should join our side. I mean, we have a lot in common. We were both Alpha, at some point. We've both captured Genevieve. We both killed our mates-"

"I didn't mean to" Jacobs stated.

Malcom sighed loudly. "Enough talking" he demanded while holding the knife closer to Eve's stomach. Luckily, he didn't draw blood. Everyone tensed behind me as both men stared at me.

"Your move, Alpha"