Nicky Fury- Sane

(Requested by @Anime_lover_13)

You let out a short breath before knocking on Nick Fury's office door. You've been dating Nick for years, and only now does he start showing signs of disinterest.

"Come in," he calls.

Giving the stack of documents a light squeeze, you open the door and step inside. Before you could register that the room is pitch black, the door slams shut and you drop the papers.

"Nick?" You nearly screech, fanning out a hand in back of you in hopes for the door. "Nick? Are you-"

Just then, a soft glow fills the room and- holy crap, Nicks standing before you with a gentle smile on his face as he's in the middle of a heart made by- rose petals?

You can't help but laugh soundlessly at the cheesiness of the situation.

"(Y/n)," He says.

"Nick?"

"You are the single most important person in my life; without you, I would've lost it years ago because of these damn superhero's popping out of nowhere and destroying cites, only to disappear and leave us the mess to-" He clears his throat. "I uh, meant to say, is that you've kept me sane and happy for many, many years of my life."

Tears brim your eyes, and you push a hand over your lips to smother the ear-to-ear grin stretching across your lips.

Slowly, he goes down on one knee and gives you a nervous smile. "Will you marry me?" He asks, holding up a box with a ring inside. The (large/small) diamond makes your eyes widen.

Unable to help yourself, you dive forward and crash into Nicks' arm. He lets out a startled sound and falls back, but the two of you land on a sort of mat, which you're thankful for.

"Miss Hill was right; we did need this thing if you decided to tackle me," He chuckles, which makes you nod.

"And yes, I will marry you," Sitting up, you grab the box and hand it to him. "put it on for me?"

He doesn't hesitate to take the ring and slide it on your finger. "Well alright, (Y/n) Fury, I've got big plans for this wedding."