Chapter Sixteen - Frank's POV

Hey everyone, sorry that this took so long to post, but... Stuff happens, ya' know?

I'm very aware about the situation with My Chemical Romance, and I understand that some of you may stop reading this because of that, but please... Don't give up, friends. I have a very long, very personal response to Gerard's letter, which I might be posting later (maybe not today, though.) I don't expect you to read said letter when it's posted, seeing as it's more for me than anyone else, but if you do, I hope it offers comfort, or at least some form of contentment.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, and again, I'm so sorry that it's taken this long to post... But if you'd like, I'll be posting a teaser for the next chapter on this story's official Instagram (@frerard_a_deux) as a form of apology.

Thanks everyone :)

xø,
Adrenaline

---

We stood there in silence for a few minutes, our confessions weighing heavy in the air.

I didn't regret it, not at all, because it was true.

I wanted to fall in love with Gerard, one day. I wasn't ready to... But it would happen, eventually.

It had to.

I was sure of it.

Gerard pulled me into his arms suddenly, hugging me tight, causing a surprised sound to escape my lips.

"Did you just squeak?" he chuckled, chest vibrating.

I wiggled in his arms, trying to push him away jokingly, but he just laughed, holding me tighter.

"You did, didn't you? I made you squeak..."

He sounded far too proud about that.

I felt heat rise in my cheeks, probably turning me pink. "Gerard-"

He laughed quietly, not loosening his grip and placing a kiss on my cheek. "I wonder what other noises I can get you to make..." he murmured, lips brushing my ear.

I think his words had melted me, by that point.

"You're blushing," he said, a smile teasing the corners of his lips upwards.

I sighed as I gave into his hug, resting my forehead on his shoulder in defeat. "Aren't I always?"

"Seems like it."

There was a sudden knock at his bedroom door and we jumped apart. I'd almost forgotten that there was someone else in the house.

"Gerard? Frank?"

"Yeah?" Gerard said, walking to the door and flinging it open. He looked annoyed- I guess he'd forgotten someone else was here, too. Sometimes it was just way too easy to get caught up in out own little world, tucked away in Gerard's room. "Why are you knocking? You never knock."

Mikey just shrugged, glancing over at me. "I don't know, sorry. Just didn't know what you were doing in here, or if I was interrupting something..."

"Well, you are interrupting something, so..." Gerard paused for a second. "Wait, what did you think we were d-? You know what, never mind. Don't answer that."

I felt my throat close up in embarrassment as I realized what Mikey had been implying. "We're not... I mean... We weren't..."

Gerard turned his head slightly, laughing at me with a soft, playful chuckle. "You're the color of a tomato."