Chapter 29:

Karma

I was in this waiting room of the hospital with my mom and Brandon. They forced me to come here when I woke up this morning throwing my damn guts up. They're being their extra worrisome selves right now. I feel fine after eating my toast and having a sprite.

Brei is at school already, but of course Bryna is right here being a baby.

"Bryna you want mommy to give you a baby brother?" My mom asks her.

"No." Bryna snapped burying her face more into Brandon's chest.

"Lord, don't get her started." I said. "And I am not pregnant." I said rolling my eyes.

"I know my child. Either you are pregnant or something else is wrong and we are about to find out today."

"Okay mom." I said yawning leaning on to Brandon's shoulder.

"My daddy." Bryna said trying to push me away.

"Girl!" I said popping her butt. "I don't know why you acting stank, but cut it out."

"Leave my baby alone." Brandon said chuckling.

"No, she must not know that you were mine before you were hers." I said sticking my tongue out at her while she tried to look mad, but ended up smiling.

"I was ya what first?" Brandon whispered in my ear. "Daddy?"

I slapped his arm. "Shut up." I rolled my eyes grinning.

*

"I hate this part." I said as I laid on the table with my legs up and open waiting.

We finally got called back not too long after having to wait.

"Remember moms at ya first appointment with Brei?" Brandon asks chuckling.

"Yup," I said playfully glaring at her.

"Oh well. I told you then and I'ma tell you again if you can open ya legs to have sex you can open them to get checked." My mom said.

"Girl, bye. If pregnant this would be my third child I'm use to this. I just still don't like it."

"My name is mom not no damn girl." She said slapping my arm.

*

"12 weeks!?" I ask loudly.

"Yeah, about 12 weeks." The doctor who was Austin said.

"Hold the fuck up! So I'm about to get my boy?" Brandon asks all hype.

I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe."

"Nah, on a serious note tho. Is there a reason she's losing weight and doesn't really have a appetite?"

"Every pregnancy is different and weight loss can happen for some women. Do you get morning sickness? What do you usually eat?" He asks.

"No, just this morning." I said.

"And of course she eats a bunch of unhealthy shit." Brandon answers for me.

"Maybe that's your body and baby telling you he doesn't like that." Austin said.

"He said he. Man I'm telling you that's my son." Brandon said making me roll my eyes.

Austin chuckled. "Try healthy food. Fruits, vegetables, salads, try different things to see what your stomach will actually take and hold. Then at your first official appointment if the no appetite continues talk to your doctor." I nodded. "I'm not ya usual doctor, but there's no signs of worry at all. You're healthy, the baby is healthy. So I'd say there is nothing to worry about."