16.

stray kids are sooo underrated...

Don't forget to read the note and check out the inline comment at the end of the chapter to find out how to read the unedited version of WUAD for free!

CHAPTER - SIXTEEN

I'm walking to the library from the washroom when I bump into someone.

"Sorry," I say to the girl I bumped into.

"It's okay," She says softly, almost like a reflex.

She bends down, thick brown hair concealing her face. Glasses that perch on the bridge of her nose slip down as she grabs her books from the ground. I kneel immediately to help her. I sneak glances at her while handing her books. She keeps her eyes lowered, even when she rises, a stack of books against her chest. I knew almost everyone at this school - even if they didn't know me. Yet, I'd never seen this chick anywhere.

Not to mention, she looked seemed similar to me in terms of her height, body type and skin tone. Her eyes were hazel-green in color and she had dark brown hair. Still, we looked quite similar yet very different only because of our facial features...still could pass as sisters though...

As she moves to get past me, I stop her, "Hey, I'm Faye." I hold out a hand because something told me we'd get along well...

She turns around slowly, eyes shifting from my outstretched hand to my face. Holding the books with one hand, she slides her other hand into mine with a small smile. "I'm Aleksandria. Or Aleksa for short." She says. Her eyes gleam when I smile back. We talk along the way as I help her with the books to the library since I'm heading there anyway. It was a free period so the next class wouldn't start for another hour.

"I moved here last year, with my aunt and uncle. They live near B.C.'s borders so the school over at Whiteway was closer. I attended that school for around a year. Then we shifted to a place away from the borders and I starting attending here because of the whole renovation plan." Aleksandria says. Whiteway was a smaller town, squashed between B.C. and Rayville. With plans arising of how Whiteway would be made a part of Rayville and their plan of renovating most of the town, it wasn't a surprise that Aleksandria moved here.

"Ahh...why not just move to Rayville then? It's more of a city than B.C..." I ask.

"Cities aren't really my thing. Not to say that I love the suburbs either but I think I prefer something that a little in between both...like B.C." Aleksa says with a smile. "It just feels nicer. More homely. Think I'm trying to get most of the quiet life before I move to Thrope Hill next year."

"You're moving away?" I hold her books tightly so they don't slip down.

"Mmm-hmm. I-um, my grandma lives there so I'm going to move in with her after graduation. Plus, they have a good college there as well." Aleksa explains. I nod along. I don't ask her to explain why she's moving away - not wanting to cross any boundaries since I'd met her like ten minutes ago - but she does anyway, "My aunt and uncle are great. But they've got kids of their own and I can tell it would be less of a burden on them. Besides, my grandma's alone and she really wants me there...so..."