2.2

"This is why I don't set my trust in the human race. Humans are shitty and selfish."

~~~

I usually don't do this, but self-harm warning. There won't be any more warnings in this book because it ruins the chapter.

~~~

Harry leaned against the wall, waiting for Ed to speak. It never came. Ed just glared, raising his eyebrows. Harry let out a sigh, looking behind him, just wanting to be back in the room with Louis.

"What is it, Ed?" Harry finally asked.

"I'm tired of you going behind my back and fucking other people. It's obvious you've had your way with him and he's infatuated, Harry. You can't keep playing with people like that!" Ed said harshly, crossing his own arms.

"You let me mess with your feelings since we were sixteen."

"For completely different reasons," Ed said, lowering his voice. His sea green eyes were wide and pleading. All Ed ever wanted was Harry's love.

"Listen, Ed. I love you." Ed gasped, but Harry held up a hand so he could finish. "I love you as if you were my brother. Sure, we fuck way too much for you to actually be my brother- that's a bit disgusting, really, but I want to tell you that I have to stop this with you."

Ed whimpered, closing his eyes. "Please, Harry. Please don't leave me."

"I'm not going to leave you. I just... I can't have sex with you anymore. Please understand."

"Is it Louis?" Ed asked. It was harsh, though, and it wasn't much of a question. Ed knew the truth; Harry could tell he knew.

"It's Louis."

"What is it about him?"

Harry shook his head, deciding to be truthful to Ed, who's been there for him since he was sixteen, even slightly before then. Ed was always there for Gemma, and that was being there for Harry.

"I... At first, there wasn't anything. I didn't care about him like that, I just wanted to fuck him, y'know, and only once. After the first time, I decided to make it a common thing. I didn't know why... I suppose I just thought he was a good fuck."

Harry paused, running his long fingers through his hair. Ed was watching him, blinking slowly and carefully.

"I began to open up to him, Ed. Slowly but it was there the whole time. I realized just how much he cared for me. I thought I'd have to drop him, but I couldn't. I'm..."

Harry took a deep breath and Ed stepped forward, cupping Harry's face with his hands.

"Say it, Harry," Ed urged.

"I'm in love with him."

Ed let out a sob and a rather loud, "Fuck", before Harry was pulling him in for a hug.

"I'm really sorry, Ed. I am. I'm so sorry."

Harry pulled Ed's face up and gave him one kiss, slow and gentle, before pulling away.

"I love you, yeah?" Ed whimpered, clutching Harry's shirt.

Harry nodded, kissing Ed's forehead. "Yeah."

"Have you told Louis?"

"No. I'm afraid to loose someone I love again..."

"You should risk it. He's... If he managed to win you over, he's got to be a good one. Tell him."