The people that came

I felt like I was heading in to some big ball of light.

This was it. I am dead. And it is all my fault.

Then the light started to fade and then I was looking at the big blue sky above me. I could see the tree tops from below the sky.

"Is she doing okay, Fritz?", a voice like Ava's asked .

"Yes but she will probably be really sore and in some pain for about three weeks", The strange voice said.

I turned my head and felt a sharp pain in my head.

"Ow, What is going on", I asked looking at a teenager sitting next to me. "Wait, what happened",.

"Hold still. Honey, Fritz went to medical school and will get you back on your feet", said another teen sitting next the him.

"Now hold still I am going to put you in a splint with sticks and duck tape for now", The boy teenager who was referred to by Fritz said. I felt my leg being lifted up and positioned so Fritz could put my leg in to the splint.

"There you go", Fritz said after he was done.

I tried to sit up and look around but my back was aching.

"Oh please don't try to move your in bad shape, let me help you", The girl teen said. She pulled me up off of the floor and sat me up so I could look around. I could see Ava and Anna sitting close watching me while sitting next to two other kids about my age. I look down at my body and my shorts are ripped and burnt a little and my led was bleeding kind of a lot.

"How you feeling, Maddie", Anna asked.

"Fine, thanks. I am in a lot of pain but I will be fine I think", I replied trying to smile.

"Glad you doing okay. I would like to thank you for saving us back there", Fritz said.

"It was nothing. I just wished I had never gotten hurt", I said.

"Me, too kid, Me too", He said. "Any way I would like to introduce my siblings, that one is named Mike",. He pointed to a small boy with black hair who was waving at me with a big smile.

"Hi, Mike nice to meet you", I said.

"You too", Mike said.

"That one right there is Alexander", Fritz said pointing to a boy with black hair and who had freckles.

"Nice to meet you , Alexander', I said smiling.

"You too", Alexander said smiling.

"And this her is Kate my friend", Fritz said pointing to the teen next to him. She had orange hair and orange freckles and wore a broad head band and in a pony tail.

"Hello, Kate nice to meet you too", I said.

"Nice to meet you as well", Kate said smiling.

I turned to the teen boy and said" Don't tell me, your name is Fritz", I said.

"Correct, your very smart", Fritz said. He too had black hair but his was curled and wore a hat that was from the USA NASA company I guessed.

"Can you try to get up?", Fritz asked.
"Yea", I said.
I tried to lift my body with my arms then Kate pushed my back and soon I was standing up.
"How does it feel?", Fritz asked.
"Fine, I just want to make a move on", I said.
"Just as long as if you don't feel any pain than we can get out of here but, if you do than we need to stay here or seek shelter near by", Fritz said.
"I feel fine so let's go", I insisted.
Then Michael stood up from where he sat and gave me a long skinned stick.
"This is a walking stick for you", he said.
"Thank you, Mike.", I said smiling.
He smiled back and went back to the place he sat.
"Now where exactly were you girls trying to go to?", Fritz asked.
"We were on our way to Atlanta, Georgia to see if we could find more supplies and maybe get some more people to travel with", Ava said.
"Why go there?", Kate asked.
"That is where my mom went to go find work", I said.
"That place isn't safe at all. The city is like the capital for the infected", Fritz said.
"Then we should go even if it was not safe. My mom might just be my last family member left. I need to find her", I said.
"I agree with Maddie. My family was wiped out from the infected and I believe her mom will help us", Anna said. "Where are your guys parents?",.
"Both of our parents went on business trips and left us to baby sit those two", Kate said pointing to Mike and Alexander.
"We tried to call there phones but the power lines went out and our wifi was disconnected",.
"No matter what I am going to Georgia", I said. "And if you want to come than step over this line",.
I took my walking stick and made a line in the dirt.
"I'm coming Maddie", Anna said.
"Me too", Ava said crossing the dirt line.
"You know what, Maddie, I really like you and would like to come with you on your trip", Mike said leaving his bench.
"Wait one seconds, little brother. Mom left me in charge and I say..", Fritz was interrupted.
"Fritz, we don't even have a clue if mom or dad our alive. Maddie has a mom that she believes is still living and as far as I know that is better than the fact that we don't have anyone who we think is alive", Mike said.
"I am done with you telling me what to do",.
Mike turned to Alexander and said"Come on, you should come with us",.
Alex looked at the four of us then smiled.
"Heck yea count me in", Alex said scurrying over to us.
I looked to Fritz.
"Listen, we need you and you need us. Georgia seems to be better than nothing. You are a great medic and I believe you will be a great member of this team.", I said reaching out my hand.
"You little.. convincer", Fritz said grabbing my hand.
"Kate, your coming to", I said pulling her to us.
" This will be a awfully crazy adventure", Mike said.
"For sure", I said in agreement.