Chapter 9: Love Revealed

You and Merlin are in a forest fighting a group of monsters. You fought with Calburn and Excalibur, cutting through most of the monsters with ease, while Merlin used her magic to materialize several blades and launched them at the remaining monsters.

"It's one thing after another," you commented.

Merlin: "Believe me when I say the Holy War from 3000 years ago is much worse."

"We've been looking for the commandments for weeks. I know you and the other sins can sense their aura or whatever, but I can't. And we didn't bring any equipment back when we traveled here."

Merlin: "I know, I'm just trying to be cautious. You got lucky with Melascula in Camelot, but Zeldris and the others are not going to let their guard down. We'll go find Derieri and Monspeet next. They're hanging out in a village miles from here. And yes, I mean hanging out."

Caliburn: "Why would they be hanging out in a village of humans?"

Merlin: "Let's just say they did some reflecting there."

Caliburn: "Demons doing some reflecting up their actions? That's something."

"It's more like reflecting upon everything that they've been through. And if it gets us their commandments, that's fine by me. We'll go talk to them and leave them be."

Merlin: "And then we'll go to Gloxinia and Drole. We still have some time since Zeldris is focused on breaking the Coffin of Eternal Darkness."

Caliburn: "The Coffin of what?"

"Would that happen to be the seal that's keeping most of the demons at bay?"

Merlin: "Yep."

"Then let's not waste the opportunity."