•7•

Lyla awoke as Tyler lifted her from the car and carried her inside the pack house. Ginger was waiting impatiently at the door.

"Is she alright? Was she injured?" Came her frantic questions.

"Mom I already told you, she is fine just wore out. I'm taking her to my room." Tyler moved past his mom and up the stairs.

Finding his door open and the covers pulled back Tyler knew his mom had the foresight to have the room ready for their return. Spotting a shirt and shorts on the foot of the bed he gently lowered Lyla to the bed. "Sweetie, we are home. It looks like mom has left you some clothes if you wish to change into something comfortable to sleep in."

Rubbing her eyes Lyla looked around not recognizing where she was at. "We are at the pack house in our room." Tyler said as he anticipated her question.

"Our room. I like the sound of that." Lyla sat up and reached for the clothes.

"So do I." Tyler pecked Lylas lips. "The bathroom is through that door. I'm going to go reassure mom you are fine and I will bring us some food."

"Thank you Tyler and I'm sorry for running away. After finding you then us marking each other I felt betrayed." Lyla looked ashamed at herself.

"It's my fault for not saying anything as soon as I knew. In my heart I knew I should have told you. I battled with my wolf for weeks over the correct decision and it seems I should have listened to him then none of this would have taken place and I could have done something about Karin and your parents a long time ago. So it's I that should be apologizing to you." Tyler held her hand in his and brought it to his lips.

"We both made mistakes so let's agree to forgive each other and move forward." Lyla spoke quietly.

Tyler leaned in and pecked Lylas lips. "Most definitely sweetheart. Now you go freshen up and I will get food."

Tyler left Lyla alone to get comfortable while he went to assure his mother all was well.

As soon as Tyler's feet hit the ground floor his mother was at his side demanding to know specifics. "Mom, I told you she was fine and yes I apologized so leave it."

"Tyler! Don't talk to your mother like that." Alpha Drew scolded.

"It's ok Drew. I'm just glad Lyla is here and safe. How about Adam? Did he come back also?" Ginger continued.

"I'm sorry mom and yes Adam came back. He will stop by tomorrow to check on Lyla and discuss a few things." Tyler told her.

Tyler was rummaging around the fridge looking for anything that he thought Lyla might like. "What are doing Tyler?" Ginger asked.

"I don't know what Lyla likes so I'm making everything." Tyler said pulling out various dishes and fruits and veggies.

"What a horrible hostess I am. Here sweetie let me whip up something." Ginger pushed Tyler out of the way and started looking for ingredients to cook.

"It's ok Luna, I am fine with a sandwich and water." Lyla entered the kitchen with wet hair and the clothes Ginger left her. "And thank you for the clothes."

"It's just Ginger dear and you are very welcome. Now sit I will have us a meal soon." Ginger sat Lyla at the bar.

"Really Luna I'm not that hungry just something simple is fine." Lyla shyly said.

"Please call me Ginger." Smiling she went back to fridge.

"I can't ma'am, you're our Luna and it's disrespectful to use your name." Lyla lowered her eyes to display respect.

"Lyla, soon you will be this pack's Luna and as Tyler's mate you have the authority and right to address me as Ginger or mom and Drew as dad. Now how about a caesar salad?"

Tyler tried to hide his laughter behind his hand but was unsuccessful. "Tyler do not laugh at your mate." his mother scolded.

"It's ok Ginger, Tyler knows I will never call his dad anything but Alpha Drew. One of the few meaningful things my parents taught me before they turned into heartless monsters was to always show respect to those above you and never disobey or embarrass the pack or your alpha. The alpha is the leader and is to be treated as such."

"Lyla, once Tyler and you take over I won't be alpha any longer besides you're my daughter now so it's appropriate to call me Drew, or dad."

Lyla shook her head like she was going to argue. "Sweetheart, it's ok we can discuss this later. Let's eat and watch a movie if you want then we can go to bed. After Adam comes over we will have a pack meeting and discuss what's happened and introduce you as my mate and future Luna." Tyler kissed her forehead as Ginger set the bowl in front of her.

"I agree with my son this one time." Ginger joked. "We will see you two in the morning."

"Thank you lun.... Ginger. I appreciate the salad and clothes." Lyla said as she took a bite.

Ginger stopped by Lyla's side before exiting the kitchen. "Your family now so no thank you's needed." Hugging her goodnight Drew and Ginger left the couple alone.

Tyler let Lyla eat in silence as he watched her from across the room. Lyla looked up and noticed Tyler watching her. "Aren't you eating?" Lyla asked as she took another bite.

Tyler pushed himself away from the counter he was leaning on and walked beside Lyla. "I could watch you all day." He pushed her hair away from her eyes and kissed her forehead. "You are so beautiful, I just can't believe I finally have you here."

Lyla blushed and looked down at her plate. "I am lucky to have a mate as understanding and wonderful as you." Looking up there eyes locked. Slowly Tyler leaned down and their lips met.

Pulling back Tyler traced her cheek. "Its I that am the lucky one." Pecking her lips he pulled back and gazed at her beautiful face.

Lyla pierced a chicken piece and lettuce and raised her fork to Tyler's mouth. Smiling he opened his mouth while Lyla moved it inside. Closing his lips around the fork he took the bite. Lowering the fork back to her plate she took a bite herself. Eating like this until the plate was empty then shyly standing and rinsing the plate and placing it in the dishwasher Lyla finally stood in front Tyler. Taking his hand she led him into the living room and sat on the couch.

"I believe a movie was promised." Lyla said as she looked up through her lashes at Tyler's handsome face.

"Your choice, what would you like to watch?" Tyler moved over to the cabinet that held the extensive DVD collection.

"Do you have any of the fast and furious movies?" Lyla settled into the comfy couch.

"Didn't expect that, thought you would pick a romance or a chick flick or something." Tyler pulled out a movie and popped it in sitting next to Lyla and pulling her closer.

After the first movie they decided to go onto number two but halfway through Lyla was getting tired so she rested her head on Tyler's shoulder and fell asleep with his warm, safe arms surrounding her.