Cat's out of the Bag

My trip to the Strauss estate had to be postponed due to the new heavy workload on my plate. I did call charge and informed him that the moment my schedule clears up I will make a trip down and if every needs anything just simply give me a call. Since the death of his wife last year he has stayed out of the publics eye is he still healing from his loss. The last and only public location he was in attendance was my almost wedding.

The entire morning I spent my head buried in paperwork and files trying to play catch-up all the meetings and conferences I'll be facing in the next few weeks. only managing to come up for air a few minutes at lunchtime but I was making good time which meant that I will be able to leave work and get the girls from Kindergarten. Just as I was about to tell Lauren to inform my mother that I would collect the girls this afternoon Lauren came in and informed me that will an overseas partner just flew in and is asking for an impromptu meeting with us. Ideally I should tell them know and that we can schedule for a early meeting the next day but I have already shifted and rescheduled so many other meetings I really did not have the time.

So instead I had asked Gene to pick up the girls and bring them to the office. Lauren had agreed to stay behind and look at them while I attended the meeting which I was eternally grateful for. It may not be the ideal situation but it was still nice to have them within close proximity.
This made me realize that it might be worth investing in a daycare centre in the building, as I'm sure there are a number of parents here who could benefit from this.
Coming out of the meeting I had expected to find Lauren in my office but instead it was Nate.

"Where is Lauren?" I asked him.

"Sent her home." He answered while walking closer to me.

"How long have you been here?"

"About five minutes after you went into the meeting." The girls were preoccupied with whatever they were drawing so I took the opportunity to thank him with a kiss, which he readily accepted and returned.

Since he was already there we decided to take the opportunity to compare our schedules for the next day and see when we were able to come up with a date night. We had decided it would be simpler if we just went into public dating to announce our relationship but our busy schedules are not very cooperative.

We were just about to give up hope when you realize that we would be attending the same charity luncheon in about two weeks, guaranteed they would be a lot of press and would be a suitable way to talk to people and get a more positive message across to them about how we came to be a couple exactly. It's unavoidable gossip will spread about Nate's and I relationship but that's completely out of our control we just have to take it in strides.

"Two more weeks of hiding." Nate commented.

"Don't look at it as hiding look at it as more is being cautious." I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Come on girls it's time to go home." I said while walking over to them.

"Well when we are finished being cautious Lindsay mentioned a really nice restaurant that she recently posted and I would love to take you there." And everything he said the only thing that I notice of Lindsay's name.

"Lindsay Shaw? I wasn't aware she was back in town." Although I try to keep my tone indifferent my distaste for the news was difficult to hide. Lindsey Shaw has been around for ages she works with Nate and pretty much has spent a majority of the time trying to get into his pants.

"Don't start this again Lexi she is a colleague and nothing more." Nate tried to reassure me but it did not work in my mood had effectively turned sour. I together and all the girls things I made my way to the elevator with the girls and Nate following closely behind but not saying a word. In the entire ride down in the elevator I could feel Nate's eyes on me and him wanting to say more but I use the girls as a buffer asking about their day to avoid that conversation.
Approaching the spot where Nate's car usually parks when he stops by for a visit, I notice of a change in cars, my eyebrows raised in question.