Chapter 7

Piper

"Piper, sweet-heart. It's time to go" Grams said softly. I nodded and closed the door to my empty bedroom. The rogue attack was two weeks ago. Our pack only has about 15 people left. Almost all of our pack member died because of me. Now, we have to join the Crimson Night Pack. Mason will lose his Alpha title, Liam will lose his Beta title, and the Crescent Fall Pack will no longer exist; all because of me.

After the attack, I went back into my shell. It was like these past four years never happened. I was constantly looking over my shoulder. I wouldn't let anyone near me. I only touched Zeke, Grams, and the other female pack members. I flinched when someone moved too quickly. I had to stop training. I had no physical contact with anyone else, not even Toby. I still talked to everyone, but quietly and from a few feet away.

Sighing, I watched as we drove past the forest, making the trees look like green blurs. I was in the same car as Mason, Zeke, Grams, and Sam. Mason and Grams were in the front; whilst Zeke, Sam, and I were in the back with Zeke in the middle. Toby and Mandy are driving Laa-Laa to the new pack house. Liam drove in his car with Kat, Roman, and Julia. The rest of the pack drove in their own cars.

I was filled with guilt. These people had to leave the homes that they built because of me. They had to adjust to new leaders. Maybe I should've just stayed with Alpha Terence. If I never ran, then the rogues wouldn't have attack the Crescent Fall Pack. But if I stayed at the Blood Star Pack, Alpha Terence's pack, then I would be mated with Nick. He wouldn't get to be with his mate. Either way, the people around me would get hurt.

Grams' excited voice brought me out of my little bubble of sadness and guilt. "What if you guys find your mates?" she asked. Mason is 20, Sam and Kat turned 18 a few months ago, and Liam is 20; none of us have found our mates.

Mason shrugged. It was no secret that he gave up on finding his mate. It's been four years, and he still hasn't found her. "I don't think she's in the pack, but then again, I never saw anyone except the Alpha and Beta" he said.

I guess I should explain. Werewolves meet their mates when both people are of age, that's usually when you turn 16. You can tell that person's your mate when you look into their eyes. It supposedly feels like you're the only people in the room. You're instantly hit with a cloud of lust. But maybe that's all it is. You could just lust the person.

The only way to be 100% positive that you're mates is if you touch. When you touch your mate, you feel sparks, as cliche as that sounds. After you touch your mate, you're supposed to notice their scent. Apparently, their scent drives you crazy with want.

That's why a lot of people don't find their mates. You don't go around touching people. Actually, scratch that, some wolves actually do that. Mostly Alphas have a get together. They would ask all she-wolves to come to the pack house, and he would go around and shake hands with the women to see if they're mates. Obviously Mason never did that; but even if he did, there is a 75% chance that he actually meets his mate.

"What about you, Pipes?" Sam asked.

I sighed. "I don't wanna meet my mate" I mumbled lowly. I didn't want them to know, but I didn't want to lie to them either.

"What was that?" Mason asked while glancing at me in the rear-view mirror.

"I don't want to meet my mate" I mumbled again.

Zeke sighed next to me. "We can't understand what you're saying" he stated.

I avoided all their eyes as I answered clearly. "I don't want to meet my mate" The car abruptly stopped, making me move forward and the seat-belt pressed against my chest.