Chapter 4

*Skyli's POV*

We pulled up to the school ask I took a deep breath as I looked at the building. I looked to Grace before I looked to Wyatt.

"I can always skip out and wait till tomorrow," I said. Wyatt only laughed.

"You're going. Gracie will be fine; I promise. I'll text you updates and pictures and you're going to pretend to learn something," Wyatt joked. I sighed and grabbed my bag.

"You'll call me if anything happens right?" I double checked. Wyatt sighed before he reached over me and pushed my door open.

"Go. It's only eight hours," he said. I sighed and reluctantly got out of the car before opening Gracie's door and giving her a quick kiss.

"I'll be back before you know it," I told Gracie who was peacefully sleeping. I sighed and looked at Wyatt one last time before I went into the school. It was hard to believe that only two days had gone by since we got Grace.It felt like everything turned on its head, yet everything was the same at school. Per usual, Mimi was waiting by my locker with Jonas and Fetara.

"I texted you like ten times this weekend. There was an impromptu party. I even stopped by your house. Where were you?" Mimi asked.

"I was um... At a friend's house. It's a friend you don't know," I said quickly and nervously. They only laughed at me.

"Suurree, okay Sky," Jonas said with a chuckled. The bell rang and I grabbed my stuff and headed to my first period with Fetara. She was unusually quiet. We sat in our seats and she turned to me.

"I saw you get out of Wyatt's car this morning," she said. "If he's that 'friend' that you stayed with this weekend, you need to be careful. He's bad news, Sky," she said. I shook my head.

"You don't know him," I defended him. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"And you do?" She asked. I only shrugged.

"I know what he's not," I said. The bell rang and class started.

"Just be careful with him," she whispered. I ignored her and faced forward to pay attention to the class. Five minutes in and my phone buzzed. I opened it under the table to find a picture of Wyatt and Grace. He was kissing her head and she was laughing. It made me want to leave and go back just to be with them. The picture was accompanied with a text that read 'play time with Wyatt'. It was great and just what I needed. It got me through the next two classes until Wyatt sent me another picture of Grace sleeping in her crib. He sent me what they did and pictures all day. It made being at school a little better. It was finally the end of the day and I got another picture of Wyatt strapping Grace into her car seat. The caption read 'going to get mommy". I chuckled and shook my head at it. Wyatt had been playfully calling me mommy all day. I guess in a way, I was Grace's mom for the time being. Lord knows, I sure did act like it.

"You've been smiling at your phone all day. Who's got you in such a great mood?" Jonas asked as my three friends met me at my locker.

"Wyatt," Fetara spilled as she leaned against the lockers. I looked up and glared at her.

"Really, you can't even keep your mouth shut for a whole day?" I asked. She smiled and shrugged.

"I want to see," Mimi said, reaching for my phone. I was quick to move it out of her reach.

"Stop it! Just let it go," I snapped at them. I got a text from Wyatt telling me that he was here. I looked back to my three friends who were watching me curiously.

"Sky, calm down. It was just a simple conversation," Jonas said. I sighed and grabbed my backpack.

"I have to go," I said quickly before going out to the parking lot. I saw Wyatt's SUV and immediately smiled. I opened the backseat door first to see Grace. I tickled her belly and baby talked her as she laughed. I put my bag in the car before getting in the passenger seat.

"Well, hello to you too," Wyatt laughed. I smiled and shrugged.

"I really really missed you guys," I sighed. "You included. God, people can be so nosey," I said. Wyatt smiled and pulled away.

"Well, I cooked spaghetti and Texas toast," he said. I couldn't help the smile as I relaxed against the seat.

"Good, because I'm starving," I said. We pulled up to his house and into the garage. I got out and got Grace out of her seat.

"Hi baby," I smiled at her. I baby talked her all the way into the house as I put her in her highchair. I kissed her cheek and moved to the kitchen. I made myself a plate as Wyatt did as well. "You waited for me to eat?" I asked. He laughed.

"No, I'm just hungry again," he said. I rolled my eyes and bumped my hip with his before I went to sit at the table.

"I have a thing tonight ," Wyatt said. I looked up from my food and waited for him to elaborate.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I have a gig tonight at Club Rio. You'll be with Gracie tonight but I should be back in time to take you to school," he said.

"Are you sure you'll be well rested enough to take care of Gracie tomorrow while I'm at school?" I asked. He nodded.

"I'm about to go to sleep now to get a head start. Then I'll be awake tomorrow with Gracie, we'll come get you, and then I'll go to sleep early tomorrow to catch up. This isn't my first time having to stay up the day after a gig," he explained with a chuckle. I sighed and rolled my eyes playfully. I just wanted to make sure Grace would be in capable hands.

"I can stay home tomorrow to let you rest," I offered. Wyatt shook his head.

"I'm pretty sure you plan on finishing school and going to college. You can't go to college if you don't graduate high school. You kind of have to go to graduate," he said. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"One day won't destroy my future," I said. I stood and took my plate to the kitchen. Wyatt brought his plate over as well.

"I'm just saying, our arrangement is that I will watch her during the day and I will. I can handle this. I've done it before; I know what to do," he assured me. I sighed and just leaned against the counter.

"We'll see."