Defeathering

Daddy, Carl, Rick and T run into the house looking for walkers and anything which could hurt us whilst the rest of us wait until they are finished.

I walk in as daddy is defeathering a bird. "Wha's tha daddy?" I ask stoking the smooth feathers

"Dis, little one is an owl, usually come out at night" he said continuing to pull feathers.

"Daddy, stop" I say complaining as he keep throwing the feathers at me.

"I wanted one not the whole thing" I giggle out as he tucks one behind my ear.

Rick goes to Carl and takes away his can of dog food and it can hitting the wall makes me jump.

Daddy just touches my shoulder and that is enough to know that he is there for me."Pisst" T says indicating to the window as more walkers arrive.

We all quickly got ya and went to the cars, I sat on daddy's bike ready for when he was ready and then we all set off.We arrived at a road and everyone got out of their cars and surrounded a car with a map on it. I stood by Carl as he was on look out.

"Whist the other ones wash their panties, let's go hunt" daddy said to Rick whist looking at me. I walk up to them and take daddy's hand in my own before he starts walking into the forest without me.We were walking on an overgrown railway line and then Rick and daddy stop.

"Wha, wha is it?" I say jumping trying to see. Daddy puts his crossbow on the floor and places me on his shoulders before getting his crossbow again.

"Wow, isn't tha where uncle Merle went once" I ask placing my arms on daddy's head for a little more balance. "Yeah, a prison""It could work" Rick says walking back to where the camp is.

Rick is cutting into the fence so that we can get in and then daddy and Glenn are putting it back together again. We are now in the middle of the two fences and the walkers are making their way over to us. I am standing with Sophia and Carol as we wait for instructions from Rick.

We start jogging away from where we came in, I am in the back with Carol, Sophia and Hershel whist daddy is in the front with his crossbow raised high.

I am starting to fall behind because my leg is hurting and looking down there is a trail of blood falling down my leg.Being side tracked by my leg I look up and see that they have run further away and the walkers are banging on the fence right near me"Daddy" I shout limping to catch up.

"Carol, Sophia" I shout limping a bit faster.Looking around I can see that the group is quite far ahead of me. "MEG!" I hear someone shout and then see daddy running to me without his crossbow.

He is sprinting towards me with his jacket looking like a cape behind him"Super daddy" I say smiling to myself.

He runs and then skids to a stop in front of me"Baby, wha's wrong" he says looking at me "my leg daddy, I hurt it" daddy looks down at my leg and then smiles "its al'right little one, I got ya" he says before scooping my up into his arms.

"Hershel, got an injury" daddy says lifting me so that my back is against his chest.

Hershel places a rag on my leg wiping the blood way before a plaster is put onto there I cut it. "There you go sweetheart" he says smiling.

Daddy places me on the ground and takes my hand before kissing it and then continuing with the rest if the group until we get to the front gate.