Ch. 21: Challenges

~~~~~

~~~~~

Vincent stands in front of the three with a clear nervous expression written on his face, Lorenzo standing between Niccolò and Elio with crossed arms and an evident scowl on his face. "I can explain."

"I don't hear you fucking explaining, Vincent!" Lorenzo states madly. "Dad already felt you weren't right for Max but I defended you! Do you know how much trouble you can get in for this, Vin?!"

"I know I'm sorry." Vincent sighs out. "Look I swear to god I'll come clean about it, now just isn't a good time."

"You best be glad I do not wish to put more on my father right now! He's already going through to damn much!" Lorenzo exclaims.

"As soon as Max is found is Ma is better and Dad is back in his balanced space then you'll talk to him." Elio states.

Vincent sighs out. "I should've known you were leading me up here that way Enzo and Nic could catch what I said since you knew they would follow us up here."

"Nic already knew, seeing as how he doesn't look the least bit surprised." Elio simply replies.

Lorenzo turns to look at Niccolò. "You knew about this?!"

"Look I didn't want so much commotion and a brawl out happening alright!" Niccolò defends. "I agree with Lio, he can come clean about it after everything settles down."

"My head hurts to much to yell at you." Lorenzo sighs out. "You're my best friend, Vin. Why keep something like that from me?"

"You're also my Boss, Enzo. You're the Underboss. You're obligated to tell Sam everything...and I got nervous of that." Vincent replies. "Look it wasn't right, first and foremost because Max felt pressured and I would never want to pressure her and that's the vibe I gave off....and I'm sorry for that. Fuck all I want right now is to hold her in my arms and tell her how sorry I am, how much I messed up. I'll tell Sam I promise, just please not now."

"You won't tell him now, there's not much shit going on." Lorenzo states. "What Elio said, you will tell him after things blow over. Just don't pull any shit like this again, Vin. There's only so much defending for you I can do."

"I understand, you don't have to defend me. This was my fault and I'll take full responsibility." Vincent replies.

"Very well." Elio replies, Vincent nodding before leaving out of the room.

"How did you find out?" Lorenzo asks.

"Found the ring at the lake house."