Chapter 20

*Nisha Pov*

"Is your hand ok now?" That's what he asked entering the house.

As for me, I am reading some magazine sitting on the couch. I looked up and replied "It is fine. It's been one week, so it healed properly."

"If you want more aloe vera gel, I can bring it from my room." He said looking at me.

"No! I am fine and the bottle you gave me before is enough." I said, and he nodded.

"You are not going to cooking class right?" he asked, sitting on the other end of the couch.

"No, as you specifically said I shouldn't go there until you say." I replied sighing.

"Good!" He said and stared at my hand.

"Why are you terrified of burns?" I asked him frowning.

"Nothing..." He replied shaking his head.

"Ok!" I said shrugging and continued to read the magazine.

"Where is Ayesha?" He asked, and I turned to see that he is looking around.

"She is in her room doing some task, she got in today's camp." I replied and again continued to read when he nodded.

"I am terrified of those from the time I am fifteen." He slowly said, and I looked at him in shock that he wants to share something.

"Why?" I asked him frowning.

"My Dad used to work very hard and when I was fifteen he started his own factory of batteries." He replied looking at me.

"But now you are not dealing with batteries, right?" I asked him frowning.

"No! I am not all that interested in them now. But before I was so infatuated the way, they are manufactured. I loved to watch the way each and every step they are made." He replied smiling, and I smiled hearing that.

"On the opening of the factory we all were celebrating, but there was some problem in one machine because of which the factory held fire accident." He said, and I gasped.

"My Mom and I were in the factory looking at everything. We immediately rushed outside hearing the sounds. When we got outside I saw that Mom got several burns on her hands and even on the face. But I was safe as she held me to her while running." He continued and I just gulped hoping the tears will not fall.

"Then we suddenly heard shouts to see my Dad was being brought outside, and he is already dead. My Mom just fell while holding my hand itself seeing that. I just lost both of them that day, and so I came out of that incident but not the vision of those burns." He said, and I held his hand tightly.

"I am very sorry! I will hide my hand from now onwards." I said.

"We shouldn't do that right. The affected area needs to be uncovered. You need not to do that as I am not that affected." He said smiling, and I nodded at him.

"When did you come, Dad?" We heard Ayesha's voice and turned to see rushing towards us.

"Just now." He replied, smiling at her.

"Look, what have I written." She said sitting between us, and I immediately removed my hand on him before that.

"Essay on me?" he asked reading it.

"It is so beautiful and by the way, I am not that serious." He said looking at her.

"You are." She said, imitating his serious tone.

I burst out laughing while he tickled her making her chuckle. He started laughing too with us, and this is the first time that I saw him laughing.

I shook my head throwing away all thoughts which I have no right to think. I need to be strong! I said that myself and smiled at them.