2.3

"They say jealousy is a bitch but, baby, I'm a bigger one."

~~~

Louis hated doing this again.

He hated being in the hospital as Harry lay helpless on the bed. Harry's chest was moving slowly, just barely.

Louis kept his focus on Harry even when the door opened. There was shuffling beside him and Louis did all he could not to reach over and slap Ed hard across the face.

Louis hadn't spoken since the hospital called. It was under record now that Louis and Harry were in relation, so the first call went to Louis, who immediately went to the hospital.

Louis was devastated when the doctor informed him that Ed was the caller and had been present for the incident. It meant they had been sleeping together because the call was around two in the morning.

Ed finally spoke, making Louis flinch.

"He was calling for you the whole time."

Louis didn't speak. He just stared at Harry's rigid body.

"You messed him up, Lou. It was bad. Worse than anything I've seen-"

"Do not blame me, you whore! You knew Harry and I were sleeping together; I know you did! You were selfish, only thinking about yourself! And I guess Harry really is in love with you."

Ed breathed out a laugh, shaking his head. "Me? You think Harry loves me?"

Louis didn't reply again, deciding he'd rather ignore Ed's existence.

"Harry kissed me as a resolving point, Louis. He was pitying me. It was his way of telling me that we had to end the thing between us. Whatever it was. I agreed to it."

"As if I would believe that!" Louis scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Louis... Why do you think you're still in Harry's life?"

"Because we're fuck buddies, alright! We have pointless fucks on occasion!" Louis seethed.

This wasn't Ed's business.

"Harry and I fuck on occasion but he doesn't stay at my apartment. He doesn't keep me at his side all of the time. I gave up. I've spent years trying to get Harry to love me. It was useless. And then you come along. Harry is in love with you."

"He's never said-"

"He doesn't have to. Harry is in love with you. You can't tell? Even I knew. And if you managed to make Harry Styles fall in love, you've got go be good for him. I care about Harry's happiness. And you keep him happy. This isn't easy for me. But it must be done."

Louis finally looked at Ed. His usually blue eyes were a watery gray and he wasn't wearing a confident smile. Louis was sad.

"He was with you last night."

Ed breathed out an, "Oh, yes." He scratched his scalp, looking up at the ceiling. "It's really his story to tell, isn't it? I promise we didn't do anything. Speak to him about it when he comes around."

"So, Harry was never trying to hook up with you?"

"No. And you didn't take the time to ask him."

Louis closed his eyes, feeling shitty. "I'm a horrible person."

"You are not. You're just stupid."

But it wasn't Ed who said it.

Louis snapped his attention to the man who was on the bed, staring at him.