Chapter Fourteen

Detective Jack's POV :-

" I d-don't know anything a-about him o-or her ... I .. I don't k-know .. I don't "

Brandon stuttered shaking his head quickly , I sighed and looked at his father who was frowning at his son . I lowered my hand with the picture as I put it on the wooden table beside me .

He blinked many times as tears escaped his eyes . I closed my eyes for a second taking deep breath .

" Look Brandon ! I know that he's your best friend and I know that you're afraid , but you have to understand that he has kidnapped his sister and committed murders . Your friend has mental problems and I know that you know that , and before you ask , his own doctor had told us . So , I think that you better start telling me what exactly you know about Joshua's disappearance " I said crossing my arms over my chest .

He looked at me then at his parents , his mother silently was begging him to talk . He nodded his head looking down , I smiled and mentioned him to sit . He took a seat on the couch and I sat across him

" Tell me everything you know "

He took a deep breath as he wiped his tears " Joshua .  I .. I knew that he has feelings for Inna , I k-knew since he started developing those wrong feelings " He sniffed " He started to talk about her beauty , her innocence and her care for him . I , as a good friend , advised him . I told him to forget those feelings or at least try to " he paused and looked at me , I nodded for him to continue .

" He said that he doesn't want to forget , he loves her and he can't live without her being his lover , in another meaning for him ; his wife " I cringed at the thought " I thought that he has mental problems like you said , so I told him to go to the doctor , doctor Ashton . He agreed with me and I went with him the first time , but what got me puzzeled that he said that he's fine and doesn't have any mental problems , so I thought that he was lying to me to cover it up "

" He started to disappear sometimes , but I didn't give attention . Then he told me that he was going to Dr.Ashton , that's when I felt that burden has been left of my shoulder . Because being in love with your own sister has to be connected with mental problems , not an emotion you really have for her like that " he paused to take breath .

" two years passed and he was still having those feelings , I started to get worried because Dr.Ashton is the best doctor , that's when I knew that there's something wrong . I talked to him but he got upset and told me that he's starting to feel well , I didn't believed him so I called Dr.Ashton . He sounded different and unsure . then I knew that Joshua is planing on taking Inna to live with him " 

" And as his friend , you helped him " I observed and he nodded slowly " I had no choice , h-he is my childhood best friend and he asked for my help , so I helped him . I had to help him " he whined and I shook my head " Tell me how the hell did you help him !? " I was losing my Patience .

He was taken by my sudden snapping " I ... I .. He asked for a y-yacht ... I had one that my father had given me as a gift , so I g-gave it to h-him " he stuttered and my eyes went wide " so , what you mean is that he has his sister on your yacht !!? " I yelled standing up , he just nodded his head slowly .

" where did he plan on taking her !? " I asked frowning as he shurgged " I d-dont know , he said that they will roam the world together .. Sir , I suggest for you to talk to Dr.Ashton , you will know everything and he will help you . Things won't be hidden forever " He said heading upstairs .

I looked at his parents who were confused and I cursed then went to the front door . I went to my car and started to drive to Dr.Ashton's place , my thoughts were hunted by Brandon's words , what did he mean by that !

' Things won't be hidden forever '

Man , this is the most complicated case I had went through , but I'm welling to solve it , and I will bring Inna home .

Mason's POV :-      Earlier at Inna's house

After half an hour from hiding at the closet , I waited to make sure that her mother is asleep . I stepped out to the bedroom and went straight to the bathroom , I opened the door quietly and stepped in . I looked around the bathroom , up and down and at the corners . My eyes caught the little cameras at the corners , that fucker !

I smirked and exited the bathroom , I walked out of the bedroom and to the hall . I tip toed on the stairs and to the front door , I started to open the door then went out . I let out a breath that I didn't even notice that I was holding . I went to the back of the house to my parked car as I throw the handbag at the backseat and started to drive home .

Detective Jack's POV :-

" What do you mean , sir ? " Dr.Ashton asked as he closed the front door shut " you know exactly what I mean " I said raising an eyebrow , he sighed " please , have a seat " he said pointing to the couch in front of him . I went and sat as I intertwined my fingers resting my elbows on my knees .

" Now if you can answer my question , I will be glad  " I said as he sat on the seat in front of me . He licked his lips adjusting his glasses " Look sir ! I don't know what are you talking about , but all I can say is that I'm always here to help you guys " he said and I saw hesitation in his eyes .

" let me tell you something Dr.Ashton , you're a famous doctor , and you have your name . I don't think being foolish will help you .. And .. Let me get another thing straight , lying and hiding someone that had committed crimes like killing not only that but also kidnapping , considers being a criminal just like him .. If you told me now what you're hiding , maybe it would be easy for you . And before you answer me .. Put it in your mind .. I will solve this case and when I do , if I knew that you had something to do with anything ... You would be put in jail , well , that's in case you lied to me now " I said resting my back at the couch .

He closed his eyes and I can see that he's getting nervous by my words , he removed his glasses and put it on the seat hand . He opened his eyes and shook his head looking at the ceiling .

" I didn't think that all of this will go so far like that , I advised him but he was just determined to be with his sister . He wanted his sister no matter what , he knew that people will excuse him if he was mental . that's why he came back to me " He said rubbing his eyes .

" What . is . this . suppose . to . mean !!? " I said through my teeth , and if it was what I'm thinking then I will turn this man's life upside down .

" Joshua Night isn't mental .. He is 100% sane "