Chapter 17: I Hold My Liquor

Deacon up top ^^^^^

George

"Ooo, Spaghetti." Deacon opened the door with ease. He juggled a large paper bag in the other. "I guess it made a lot of sense to buy wine now."

"What if I didn't make spaghetti?"

"Then I would of found another reason to drink it." He smirked at me and I smiled back.

"Whatever. Set the table while I do the pasta test." I pushed him towards the cabinet. The lengthy spaghetti noodle did not stick to the ceiling and Deacon chuckled as said noodle fell back onto my face. I punched his shoulder. He was always like this.

So jovial.

I, on the other hand, never was completely happy. Deacon tended to make more friends, be more social. I was awkward, and preferred a good record over a crowded room. Our differences made our relationship stronger and we rarely ever seriously argued. Yes, we bickered, but we only seriously argued three times. Each time we spent a long time avoiding each other. The last time we argued was three months ago and we'd hadn't seen each other since. I didn't even remember what the argument was about but it was the longest time we had ever been separated.

"How long until dinner?" He asked once the room got too silent.

"Probably a few minutes."

Deacon went to check on Adisa before I called him and Dan back. Dan dragged his feet to the table. He was still a little flabbergasted about Adisa being sick. After both of them were seated, I began to give everyone a portion of spaghetti noodles.  I sat two pots of sauce in the middle of the table.

Deacon's eyes squinted as he analyzed the one of the pots. "Why is one green?"

"Well Dan is a vegetarian so he gets the vegetable mash sauce and we get the yummy meaty sauce." I almost laughed as Deacon lifted the green sauce with the ladle. Chunks of veggies plopped down into the thick liquid.

Deacon didn't like the look of it at all.

"Mine is yummy too." He scoffed. "And it tastes better when I think about the cute animals that are asleep with their cute little babies."

Deacon and I locked eyes before fighting over the ladle for the meat sauce.

"What type of hospitality ..."

"You'll get you turn." He rolled his eyes at me before reaching for the wine bottle. He easily popped the cork and poured it into his cup.

"White wine. Great choice dude."  Dan took the wine gladly, pouring himself a little too much. He handed me the bottle and I took it sheepishly. I only gotten a little because I didn't plan on drinking too much. Just a glass or two.

Before I knew it, the table was filled with laughter and dramatic reenactments. I think it was the wine finally settling in, but the wine had been long gone and the boys and I moved to a stronger drink.

"So you thought the best thing was to bring a wild man into one of the busiest cities in America ." Deacon really wasn't understanding the situation. It was hard for him to take in.

"But how could I say no to him. You ought to see those brown eyes Deacon, when he's conscious of course. They're so innocent like a lamb's."

"A lamb raised by gorillas, huh?" I said after taking another sip from my glass.

"Cmon Georgia, you're got suckered into him just like me." I shook my head at his accusation. "I know what I saw the other morning." My eyes widened and my cheeks burned. It was from the liquor though. I wasn't guilty of anything.

"I don't recall." I sung into my wine glass.

******************************************** *************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:  Hello everyone. Sorry for the alarm a couple weeks ago. I was writing and I love published it on accident and I do try to keep tabs on what's happening around here buts it so hard to do. Thanks for reading and I'll be back soon.