[3] Mr.Player's Womanizing Ways(Edited)

Chapter 3 

Mr. Player's Womanizing Way

ALEX 

I stare after Dylan as he walks away with that girl in the direction of the restrooms. Now that he’s not around and I can think clearly, I realize I sort of liked talking to him. I liked how he was slightly flirtatious and he called me “baby” even though I hate it when guys call you stuff like that, like they’ve known you forever, when they don’t even know your name. But most of all, I liked how he was actually interested in me.

Nobody ever notices me, like I said. If this was a movie, I’d be one of those faceless people walking in the background, those people who don’t have any real significance. They are just…there. Nobody watching the movie wonders about them, their existence. I mean, have you ever heard a girl say—“oh, who is that girl in the blue sweater behind the hot male lead of the movie?” No, you haven’t. Have you? Exactly. I’m one of those ‘background people’. And it’s really crazy that someone like Dylan, the equivalent to the male lead in the movie, actually notices me. And not just notices me, he also shows interest in me.

Who are you kidding Alex? He just wants some good sex, and he wants it from you.

"Wow!" Tia exclaims as soon as Dylan vanishes from the scene.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I ask with a confused expression on my face even though I know exactly what she means.

"Nice…”she mumbles. To be honest, I’d even forgotten Tia had been here. It’s like I’d forgotten where I was, it was just about me and him.

"What are you talking about?" I mutter.

“The school’s hottest guy showed interest in you, and you completely blew him off”

“You know what he’s interested in. And he’s not getting it; at least not from me, anyway. C'mon, let's enjoy, we aren't supposed to be waiting for him, are we?" I say and head back towards the dance floor, this time dragging Tia with me. We both start swaying our bodies to the music and talk along. I start enjoying myself thoroughly, completely forgetting about Dylan for a while and our kiss.

"So, what happened? How does he even know you?” Tia shouts over the music.

"Well...Uh...we kissed!" I say rather hesitantly.

"What?! If I'm not wrong, this was your first kiss?" I nod.

"Awesome!" she exclaims.

"What’s awesome about it?" I say, acting as if it’s not a big deal. But of course, it is a big deal. It was my first kiss after all, they only happen once.

"You kissed the school's hottest guy, not to mention it was your first damn kiss, what more do you need?"

"Tia! If I'm not wrong I'm not the only one who has kissed him. Till now he must have kissed thousands of girls, what difference does one girl like me make?"

"But still...he was the one who gave you your first kiss. It might not be a big deal for him. But to you, it most certainly is."

Sometimes I think my best friend has these super-powers. She’s always able to detect when I’m lying or say exactly what I’m feeling. It’s honestly very scary.

"It's just a kiss, besides, it's not like I was the one who wanted to kiss him." I say with a shrug, still keeping up my I-don’t-care façade.

"Just a kiss?" she says wiggling her eyebrows.