Chapter 22: Traitor

Chapter 22: Traitor

Quote of the chapter:-

^
You
Were the
Lightening and
I was the tree, and
Your words were the fire
That burned the best parts of
Me.

Picture of Gina 👆
♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

It was dark but I was still able to make the outline of someone in the distance.

"Hello?" I called as the person moved closer to me.

"Come with me child, I must show you something" the same lady in all my dreams spoke as I scrunched my eyebrows together. I trusted this lady with my life and the weird thing is I haven't even seen her face.

She grasped my hand as I felt a gust of air and everything around me disintegrated. I was so sick of seeing these dreams, they only made me think more than I should.

As I looked around I realised the lady had taken me to Alpha Heralds territory. I was hidden behind a door as I watched alpha herald pace what looked like his study.

His facial expressions were stoic, but his furrowed eyebrows indicated that he was thinking about something.

"Why have you brought me here?" I whispered to the lady, the room that I was in was pitch black and the fact I still couldn't see the lady's face was really starting to agitate me.

"You can speak as loud as you like child" she said as I felt her presence behind me.

"He can not hear you" I nodded assuming that she can see me, which she probably could.

"There is something that I want to show you, but you must be patient" I huffed at her words, I am sick of being patient.

I have been patient for practically my whole life and now I'm struggling to deal with my life issues because of it. I guess I know why Colton was mad now, he just couldn't be patient in something as important as his packs safety.

"Pay close attention" the lady said as I lifted my head and began to watch Alpha Herald.

He was still pacing his room looking slightly anxious now. Seeing him like this empowered me, was he scared because of me and Colton?

Or did he ruin his own plan?

"Alpha someone has come to see you" a young man said as he walked into the room and bowed respectfully at his alpha.

Alpha herald instructed the boy to let the person in as he nodded in acceptance and asked if he could leave. I still didn't understand why this was significant to me, I mean I'm stressed as it is and the fact that I was being dragged to see Alpha Herald only increased my anxiety.

"Can he see me?" I asked the lady.

"He cannot see you, but if you get too close to him he will be able to feel your presence in his mind" she answered as I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

So does that mean me and alpha Herald are linked in some way? That's the only way that would be possible for me to enter his mind.

"Pay attention Casey, you think to much" she said as I looked back up at the scene playing out in front of me.

Alpha Herald was sat in his chair his head resting in his arms. Suddenly someone walked in, the person wasn't visible to my eye whoever it was, was hidden by the bookshelf in front of me.

"I thought they found out" alpha Herald said standing abruptly and latching onto the person in front of him. I strained my neck trying to see the figure hidden behind the bookshelf but to no avail.