AUTHOR'S NOTE

EXTENDED SUMMARY

EXTENDED SUMMARY

❝Hello there, this is Teen Confessions Helpline, what's the problem? Feel free to confess anything you like and we'll be there to help you every step of the way!

❝I know this is heavy but I've been feeling like I kind of...want to kill myself.❞

When Damien Carson, a depressed lonely teenager, calls a teen helpline to find one reason not to kill himself, he meets optimistic and bubbly Harry Potter fangirl Eva Adams. And in a series of phone calls, fangirl freakouts, promises, bondings over Harry Potter puns and a promising friendship, maybe he'll find a reason after all.

a story about heartbreak, suicide, depression, love, friendship and two misfits that fits together like torn halves of a love letter.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

so this is my first attempt at a short story with dialogue only, inspired by pizzeria boy written by mercurially. it's been almost 2 years since i wrote teen helpline (whaddup, 2015) and it's now 2017-ish, i'm thinking of revisiting teen helpline and editing some chapters, cleaning some plot holes, et cetera. 

so this is a short story, dialogue only. another thing is that this story is supposed to be funny because the thing about laughter and light-heartedness is that it's also used to hide sadness and depression. some glimpses of suicide would be manifesting through the chapters but not a lot until...well, you'll know. i made it funny not because i'm making fun of suicide, but it's because i think it cures depression. to have a friend, to laugh kind of make you forget about it so if you're looking for a story where it's wholeheartedly sad all the time, i'm sorry this isn't a story for you.

COPYRIGHT

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

© 2015 Valerie Tan ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

if you plagarise this story, so help me god, i will cut your balls open. or your vagina.

but ahahha, all seriousness aside, i love all your faces.

PLAYLIST

how to save a life by the fray

all star by smash mouth.

riptide by vance joy

budapest by george ezra

my generation by the who

nine in the afternoon by panic! at the disco

let it go by james bay [bearson remix]

therapy by all time low

teenage dirtbag by wheatus

kiss me by new found glory