Chapter 38 - She's One Of The Boys

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Eight ~ ~

Looking down at the plate of pancakes with peanut butter spread all over them, I pretended to sigh when all I wanted to do was scrunch my face up in disgust, who seriously has peanut butter on pancakes?

“Yeah, I’ve changed my mind; I think I want vegemite now.” I looked up at Saxon while hiding my grin as his eyes narrowed slightly but he leaned over and took my plate back over to the kitchen bench and started stacking me up a new plate of pancakes with vegemite – yeah, still disgusting but he deserves this since I awoke wrapped up in his arms this morning.

Okay, so I was warm and it felt so natural and comfy but still, I warned the boy not to touch me and he needs a little payback for everything he has done.

“Happy now?” he asked, trying to keep the annoyance out of his tone as he sat down the new lot of pancakes.

Looking down at it, I wiped a little vegemite off one with my finger and licked it off, “Do you have jam and cream?” I looked up innocently.

A growl escaped his chest as he snatched my plate away and stormed back over to the bench. Turning my head into my shoulder to try and cover the small chuckle, I coughed covering it up even more. Man, this is so much fun.

“You better eat it this time.” He grumbled with his back to me while I sat at the kitchen table, swinging my legs and leaning on one hand with a grin on my face.

“I will, I actually do like jam and cream.”

Saxon spun around and stared at me, “I knew you were just messing with me.” Then he grabbed my new plate of breakfast and brought it over, sitting it down in front of me yet again.

Picking one pancake up, I rolled it up and bit into the end of it and moaned with joy, I was so starving because I’ve been messing with him for so long over all the toppings I wanted but I couldn’t keep it going anymore because my stomach was literally going to eat itself.

“This is yum.” I mumbled between mouthfuls and grinning at him with puffed out cheeks full of food. Saxon rolled his eyes at me as he sat down and dug into his bacon and eggs – pancakes are a girly breakfast according to him. I had scoffed at that comment of his.

“Why’d you let it go for so long if you knew I was messing with you?” I asked before rolling up another one and shoving half of it into my mouth. He had made ones with honey, apricot jam, nutella, sprinkles, chocolate sauce and then peanut butter and vegemite before I finally asked for the topping I really wanted.

“Because.” He shrugged, not going to explain any further until he looked up and met my pointed gaze, sighing loudly, “Fine, because I shouldn’t have locked you in the cupboard.” He grunted, I love how he hates admitting he was wrong about something because it makes it that much sweeter when he does fess up.

“You’re darn straight you shouldn’t have – I mean, who does that apart from lunatics?” I muttered; gulping down the glass of cold Milo he had also made me ages ago.

“You weren’t listening.” He grunted as if that explained it all.

Looking over at him as he was cleaning his plate up in record speed, “I'm listening now, jerk.” I mumbled before taking another mouthful of food.

“We’ll discuss it later.” He pushed his chair back and stood up abruptly, taking his empty plate over to the sink and started to rinse it off.

“I'm going to be at school later, duh.” I shot back.

“No you’re not.”

“Oh yes I am.” My comeback was instant as I glared at the back of his head, he better let me leave since he said he would last night, well technically early this morning. As it was, I was going to rock up during second class.