Chapter 9

Hey everyone! I'm currently on vacation right now so I am writing this from my phone while I am sitting on a beach ;) after this update I'll probably not be able to update again for another week just because I'm all about that beach life right now.

- tots

Our trip to the Hampton's soon came to an end and we returned back to the city. I immediately plopped down onto my bed when I arrived back to the pent house, pulling out my phone to text my mother, letting her know I was home. Almost immediately she responded, to my surprise, asking me to be ready by 7 so we could go to the Knightly's for dinner. I narrowed my eyes at the screen, I had enough of Carson Knightly for the weekend. Unfortunately I knew better than to try to get out of a dinner with my mother, so I quickly replied 'ok' before climbing into my blankets for a quick nap since I had a few hours to spare.

After a quick nap I hopped in the shower. I put on a blue and white patterned Dolce and Gabbana dress with a pair of chunky white heels that accentuated my now tan legs perfectly. I accessorized with a pearl necklace that rested against my collarbones and a white clutch. I left my hair down in waves and applied a red orange lipsticks and mascara. I grabbed my phone and wallet and when downstairs to meet my mother. She was of course perfectly made up, as usual and smiled at my appearance.

When we arrived at the Knightly's townhouse I was quickly greeted by Mr and Mrs Knightly.

"You look beautiful Lucy! It's good to see you again. How are you liking New York, dear?" It was hard to tell that these people raised Carson. They were so polite and warm, I had a hard time seeing them all together as a family. Well he was adopted so...

"It's been lovely. Thank you so much." I returned the hug she had pulled me into, an unfamiliar action to me due to my mother's cold nature. We sat down at the table and began to converse. The dining room was set up for five, giving me the idea that Carson was expected to be joining us. We sat down, my mother next to Mrs Knightly, while her husband sat at the head of the table leaving the empty place mat next to me.  We engaged in light conversation, Mr Knightly asking me about my future plans while Mrs Knightly discussed whatever with my mother. Before long the first course- crab cakes, was served by their house keeper. They treated us to an elegant three course meal, their chef was absolutely amazing and I suddenly felt the need to try to convince my mother to steal him from them (I think she agreed).

We had reach the main course when suddenly the door busted open to reveal an annoyed looking Carson. He immediately met my eyes but then turned to look over at my mother, narrowing his eyes at her. His mother stood up and walked over towards him, wrapping her arms around him and planting a loving kiss right on his cheek.

"My darling, join us for dinner." She asked him. My heart almost melted when I saw the loving look he returned to her, a look I didn't know he was capable of giving anyone. From what I could tell, he didn't have the nerve to say no to his mother, and immediately took his seat at the table. The entire dinner from that point mainly consisted of my mother and the Knightly's conversing with one another, with a couple of questions towards me from time to time. I could tell that Carson was just itching to leave, watching him push food around on his plate with his fork. He seemed to be completely ignoring my existence at this point, which was completely fine with me but I could tell that I wasn't the only one who had noticed.

"Carson why don't you show Lucy around the house?" His father asked him. I had expected him to refuse, so when he quickly jumped up and grabbed my arm practically dragging me out, I was taken by surprise.

"The only room I'm going to show you is the only one that you really need to see." He smirked at me evilly.

"Um what room?"

"My bedroom." I snatched my arm out of his hand and smacked him. "I'm joking come on."

Their home was beautiful. They lived in a town house located not too far from our own home. The first floor was the entry way and parlor, and they had an amazing 5 star gourmet kitchen. The second floor was their family room and mr Knightly's office along with his wife's craft room. The third floor was the media room and master bedroom, the rest of the bedrooms on the fourth and final floor. We finally came to a stop in the media room where Carson grabbed the remote and turned on the over sized smart tv on the wall.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked in his signature bored tone.

"HGTV."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, maybe fixer upper is on. I love Joanna and Chip Gaines."

He gave me a weird look before settling on my station of choice. "why doesn't your mom have an accent?"

"Mum isn't Australian. She's American." I stated as if he was an idiot.

"Obviously, but why are you here?"

I began to internally panic, not sure how to address that question. I didn't want anyone feeling sorry for me, especially not Carson Knightly. "To live with my mother."

"But you don't like her."

"Yes I do. I love my mother."

"I said like not love, there's a difference." I narrowed my eyes at his reply. He smirked. "You're hiding something. Tell me what it is little Aussie."

"It's none of your damn business." I hissed.

"Ooh I think I hit a touchy subject." He slowly slid closer to me on the couch, too close for my liking, I could feel his minty breath against my lips. His arm went to the back of the couch behind me, and he leaned in closely to my ear, close enough to where if anyone saw us they would assume we were kissing. "Tell me everything there is to know about you."

Suddenly his lips were pressed against my neck, in a sensitive spot right below my ear and I yelped, pushing him off me. I could only imagine how red and flustered I had looked at that moment.