Chapter 13: When Push Comes To Shove

[Author's Note: I don't really have anything to say except THANK YOU. If you have read this far into my story and actually read these notes then that's great. As always, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO REQUEST THINGS TO HAPPEN. Like I've stated before, I don't know where this story is going. I don't know where or how I'm going to end it, so if you'd like to give your opinion, it's appreciated. If I end up using the idea, I'll give credit in the note above the chapter it's featured in. Questions, Concerns, and Constructive Criticism is welcome. I really enjoy getting to know what you think!]

  <<<<<<<<<< Christine's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

"Alright everyone's here. Let's get started." Clint said.

"We will start with your basic hand-to-hand combat and then we'll see what new evasive maneuvers Blake has taught you." Natasha finished.

"What am I here for?" I asked them.

"You are here as a tactic assistant. Basically, three against one." Clint informed me.

"I know what a tactic assistant is." I tell him. But I didn't. It sounded stupid and made up. Wanda picked up on it and giggled at me.

"So, whose up first?" Nat asked. I didn't think she would give them a choice.

"I'll go first." Wanda volunteered.

"Alright. Pietro, go sit down and wait your turn." Clint said. Sometimes he comes across very father-like. It's endearing.

Pietro just seemed to let out a small sigh and headed over to the nearest bench. I felt bad. His entire being is moving faster than everyone around him and here he is, waiting. Sometimes I feel like he can't slow down, maybe other times he doesn't want to. But right now he seems content with waiting. For someone who is constantly waiting for things to be "his speed," he has to slow down for everyone around him. But before I could continue thinking of Sonic's fate, I was pulled from my reverie by a loud clap.

"Okay, Wanda. Like Nat said, we'll test your hand-to-hand combat skills first." Clint stopped at the slightly worried look on her face.

"Don't worry Wanda. Just like we practiced. You've done this before a thousand times. Just remember your training." I said.

"That's enough Blake. We are already breaking protocol by having you here. You can assist the assessment but no more comments." Nat said.

"I didn't even want to do this today." I say in defense. There are still some things I haven't covered with them. Now I wish I would have worked on them sooner.

"No one is keeping you here." Clint said.

"I'm staying here for them. I'll keep my mouth shut if that's what you prefer but I'm still going to be here for moral support!" I'm much to stubborn. But I've spent months with these two. I'm not going to leave them go through the testing alone.

"I'm sure they both know they have nothing to worry about. They did help save the world after all." Clint said, clearly saying it because it's what I wanted to tell them.

Luckily the report will go straight to Cap so it shouldn't have to go through ridicule for my presence. I know Nat said she'd test them soon. I just didn't think this soon. What am I saying? They will both do wonderful.

"Anyway, for this first segment, you aren't allowed to use your enhancements. This is to simulate a circumstance if you were to fatigue or you can't control an enemy. As soon as you get your opponent on their back, they will be considered eliminated. This rule will apply until you get to your last opponent. From there, you will have to hold them down for ten seconds within a two minute window." Nat said in a very professional way.