Chapter 22

Charlotte's POV

I know it's a big ask. I mean, she's only known me for like two months. And let's be real, we're not even officially together, so it's totally fair if she says no. Engfa stays quiet for a moment, just taking in what I've said. She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and when she opens them, there's something different there, something I can't quite put my finger on.

"For you, Charlotte Austin, sure thing, I'm in. I promise," she says, and I can't help but grin like an idiot, squeezing her hands tight. "Why'd you stop going in the first place?" I ask. "Honestly, I don't know. Just didn't feel the urge anymore," she replies, and I grin back at her. "Did I have anything to do with that?" I tease, raising an eyebrow. "Maybe," she smirks back.

I let go of her hands, cup her face, and lean in for a kiss. At first, she hesitates, but then she melts into it, and it's slow, it's gentle, and damn, there's so much feeling packed into it.

We pull back, and I grab her hand again. "Let's head downstairs before the kids do something to burn your house down," I suggest. "Oh, and don't forget to put an ice pack on your face and apologize to your friends," I add. "What? They should be the ones saying sorry," she protests, giving me a look. I shoot her a glare, and she rolls her eyes, mumbling an okay before stomping her foot. We head downstairs to find everyone in the middle of a Monopoly game, and they all stop and stare at us. "Ethan, buddy, you're on the couch tonight," I announce, earning some not-so-subtle smirks from the gang. Seriously, these people and their dirty minds. We're just crashing, nothing more. "They staying over?" Engfa whispers beside me. I roll my eyes, and she gives me an innocent grin, taking my hand as we retreat to the kitchen.

She grabs an ice pack and hops up on the counter, and I move closer, standing in front of her. God, I want to stand between her legs so bad, but I hold back. "So, Heidi and Tina," I start, and she bursts out laughing. "Your friend is in for a wild ride," she says. "They're cute, I'm sure Heidi can handle it." "Whatever you say, baby," I reply, about to tease her for calling me that, but then I catch sight of Chompu, Nudee, and Tina walking in. I step back, giving Engfa space to deal with them. But they're just standing there, not saying anything, guilty expressions plastered on their faces, a clear sign that they regret what went down. Tina starts to apologize, but Engfa cuts her off.

"You three," she points at them, "owe me three strawberry milkshakes," she informs them. They look at her for a second, then give her a small smile. Chompu walks over, wrapping Engfa in a hug, and the others follow suit. "We love you," Nudee says, and Tina and Chompu nod in agreement. "Alright, alright, get out of here and go back to your game," Engfa dismisses them, and they laugh as they leave the kitchen. I turn to Engfa, smiling at her. "I guess that counts as an apology," I say, and she rolls her eyes. She comes towards me, going in for a kiss, but then hesitates, pecking my cheek instead. "No, don't do that," I say, looking her in the eye. "You're treating me like I'm made of glass, and I'm not," I tell her. She gives me an apologetic smile and nods. "You said we'd go at my pace, and this is my pace," I remind her, grabbing her face and giving her a long, deep kiss. We pull away, and she wraps me in a hug, tossing the ice pack aside before we head back to the living room, chatting until everyone heads off to bed.

"So, which side of the bed do you usually sleep on?" I ask as we walk into her room. "Uh, the right side, but, cute eyes, I gotta tell you something," she says, motioning for me to sit on her bed. "I've never really slept in the same bed with someone before," she admits. "What? Seriously? You've never had a girlfriend?" I ask, surprised. "Nope, and honestly, I find it kinda weird sleeping next to someone," she confesses. "Wow, Engfa Waraha, are you telling me you're a virgin?" I tease, and she quickly looks away. "Oh my god, you are," I exclaim, and she still won't meet my gaze. "How? I mean, you're you, everyone can see how kind and amazing you are from a mile away," I say, and she finally looks at me. "Does that weird you out? That I haven't been with anyone else?" she asks, ignoring my previous comment. "Of course not, baby. Actually, it's kinda hot knowing I'll be your first," I smirk, making her blush and look away. "I'm gonna go get ready for bed, you can grab anything from my closet to wear," she says, changing the subject, which makes me chuckle.

She quickly grabs some clothes, heading into the bathroom, and I grab a t-shirt and shorts from her closet, putting them on before settling on her bed. "You decent?" she calls from the bathroom. "Yeah," I reply, and she walks out, wearing a black t-shirt and sweats. I get up, heading to the bathroom, and when I come out, she's lying on the bed, reading a book. "What are you reading? Another thriller?" I ask, flopping down next to her. "Of course, I love thrillers. I've got a whole bookshelf in my gym. Don't ask why it's in the gym," she laughs. "Wait, you have a gym in your house?" I ask, surprised. "Yep, two doors down, and there's a pool in the backyard too," she reveals, and suddenly, it clicks—Heidi might be onto something. Engfa might be loaded.

"Alright, let's get some shut-eye,  it's getting late," she says, reaching for the bedside lamp. But I grab her hand, stopping her. "C-can we leave it on?" I ask, and she gives me a curious look. "It's just that, when we slept together last time, L-Liam w—" I start, but she cuts me off with a kiss and a nod. "I don't wanna pressure you, I just feel safer with it on," I explain, looking at her. "Cute eyes, we can do whatever you want. Plus, I can totally sleep with a light on. My brother and I used to share a room when we were kids, and he'd stay up playing video games all night, so I got used to it," she says, chuckling. I hug her, thanking her, and we slip under the covers, my head on her chest as she kisses my forehead. "You gonna kick me in your sleep?" she jokes, and I can hear the smile in her voice. "Shut up," I mumble, closing my eyes.

Engfa tucks the covers around us, and before I know it, I'm out like a light.