Chapter 13

Trying to stay away from Jermaine for the past week has been the hardest thing I have ever done.

He has called me a million times and came to my home everyday for the past week, but I never answer the door. He has even came to my job but I make sure my assistant tells him I'm in a meeting, which is some what true because I am with patients most of the time I'm at work.

"Look, I have called you a million times and you haven't answered the phone. What's going on? What have I done? I can't fix it if you don't let me know what I have done. I'm sorry for whatever it was, just please forgive me and call me back. I'm going to be in the office late today so you can call me whenever. Please call me. I love you."

I listened to the 37th message that Jermaine left me and pressed 7 to delete it.

I just couldn't talk to him right now. I was too hurt.

I know I was a fool to believe that we could have something special. I was even a bigger fool to believe that he would leave his wife, my sister, for me. The husband always tells the other woman he will leave his wife but rarely ever does.

I really was just the mistress.

I just needed a break from everything in my life right now. I picked up the phone and pressed send to the number I had saved when I first got it but never called.

There were three rings before someone answered. " Hello?" A woman said on the other end.

"Hello, may I speak to Anita?" I asked.

"Yes this is her."

"Hi Anita, this is April, your daughter."

Three hours later, I pulled up to a huge home that belonged to my mother.

After talking to her, she agreed to meet me and I decided to get this over with today. Plus, I needed the distraction to get my mind off of Jermaine.

"Alright. You can do this April. Just get out of the car and ring the doorbell." I said, trying to give myself a pep talk.

I got out of my car and made my way up the walk way to the door.

I took a deep breathe in and rung the doorbell.

A few seconds later, the door opened and a man appeared before me.

"Hi, you must be April." He said staring at me with a smile on his face.

" Yes I am." I replied nervously.

"Come in, come in." He said as he moved out the way so that I could walk into the house.

I looked around the huge house. "Wow, your home is so beautiful." I said as I followed behind him.

"Thanks. We had it built three years ago. It took longer than we expected but we were satisfied when it finally was finish."

I nodded my head as I looked around.

"Anita went to the store to grab a few things, but she should be back any moment now. You can make yourself comfortable in here until she gets back. Sorry I'm not being much of a host but I have a conference call to make in five minutes. "

"That's fine. Oh, what's your name?" I asked.

"My apologies, I was so in aww of how much that you look like Anita that I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Jermaine."

My heart sunk in my chest as he said his name. The thoughts of Jermaine and all of his lies rushed to my head, instantly making me feel sick to the stomach.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yea, just a little nervous I guess." I chuckled.

"Oh there's nothing to be nervous about. Did Anita tell you about the family get together we we were having today?"