45. Dante

HIS EVERYTHING

After Lianna left my bed, I stared up at the ceiling, stunned to my core. The white sheet, now stained with my cum, half covered my stretched-out leg as a tremendous mass of guilt built on my chest, making it difficult to breathe.

I lifted the covers and looked down at my limp dick. Strangely, it felt like it didn't belong to me anymore. Disgusted, I threw the covers back over my lower half and went back to staring at the ceiling.

The scent of sex faintly assaulted my nose, and I decided to get up and take a shower. My mind kept wandering to Carla, and my guilt made it known that I didn't deserve her. I had broken our vows in so many ways, and knowing my woman, she would have difficulty forgiving me, if at all.

There was no excuse for what I did. I messed up.

I sighed as warm water sluiced over my taut stomach and lower still before slowly washing away the glint of cum on the tip of my dick. The thought of my sperm swimming happily inside of Lianna brought tears to my eyes.

My tears mixed in with the water flowing out of the rain showerhead, but no matter how hard I tried to ignore them, I could still feel their warmth as they trickled down my face.

I got out of the shower, not once allowing myself to touch my dick. That's what it got for being a bad boy.

As I got dressed in a suit, Carla popped up in my head again. I wondered how she was doing and if she missed me. I knew that Eva and Madeleine's funerals were sometime this week. I couldn't shake the image of her alone as she took care of her mother while grieving for her friends.

I just wanted to hug her. To kiss her and apologize a million times for fucking up our marriage, but I knew by doing so, she may never forgive me.

Fastening the buttons on my suit jacket, I wondered if she felt the same ache in her chest, that deep longing to be close to each other again.

I knew my place was at Carla's side, but right now, I needed to eliminate the threat hanging over her life. Mathias was watching my every move, and the car I had gotten from him had a tracker on it. The phones in the house were tapped, and I had no way of contacting Carla without Mathias finding out.

Downstairs in the garage, I found an electronic bug sweeper. After using it in my bedroom, I saw three cameras and one of them had an aerial view of the bed in fucking 4k. A part of me hoped Mathias kept the footage to himself so he could blackmail me.

At this point, blackmail was better than my wife seeing what was on that camera. Telling her what happened was going to be bad enough.

On my way to my father's bedroom, I took a detour, stopping to ask one of the maids to change the sheets on my bed.

Back upstairs, I entered the large bedroom my parents used to share. Memories of me and Annabella playing in here resurfaced. Annabella loved opening the antique trunk at the foot of the bed to try on the many hats and scarves my mother had stored there.

My favorite part was the windowsill seat. I used to sit there, looking at the lawn below while playing with my toy cars.

"It's late, Dante," my father said, closing the door behind me and locking it. Dressed in black silk pajamas with a glass of whiskey in his hand, he looked every bit like a retired clan lord.

"I know," I stated, barging past the sofa and coffee table.

Starting with the lamps next to the bed, I scanned the room for bugs. The equipment in my hand buzzed softly, its delicate sensors ready to detect even the most covert surveillance devices. With each pass, I listened intently for any irregularities, my instincts honed by years of training and experience.