Lay Me Down Chapter 48

Haha i know that I told many of yall that I wasn't going to upload tonight, but some things changed. So here you go!:D Don't be mad though if it takes the next chappie longer to get out. So be sure to......

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.

OH AND RECCOMMEND THIS STORY TO YOU FRIENDS.

:d OOOH THAT RHYMED ANYWAYS.......

ENJOY

ALSO I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.

WHO THINKS CARTER DESERVES TO BE WITH LIZZIE AND WHO THINKS HE DOESN'T.

EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWERS PLEASE. IM REALLY CURIOUS:d

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I stared at the newspaper searching for jobs in the help wanted AD.  It was definitely time for me to get on my own two feet.  I definitely didn’t plan on living with Carter for the rest of my life. I circled the AD that was looking for someone to file papers at a law firm. I would call and try to set up an interview. I scanned over the paper and my eyes settled on a part time job as a librarian. That sounded easy, that meant that there would be silence. I circled it.

“How’s it coming along?” Carter asked as I looked over the newspaper.

“Great so far” I told him.” Are yall about to leave?” I asked. He nodded. He and Sasha were going over to Carmen’s house to have a family discussion. I think that Carmen wanted Sasha to come back and stay with her, but I didn’t know. I told Carter that I would stay here though. “Alright I’ll see you guys later”

“Bye Lizzie” Sasha said as she was preparing to leave.

“Bye I’ll see you later” I called out before she exited out the door. I sighed and brought my eyes back down to the newspaper.

I hadn’t seen or spoken to Carmen since she came here wanting to talk to Sasha. I don’t think that Sasha blamed her mom but I was pretty sure that Carter kind of did.

Sasha was doing so much better, way better than I had expected. She had gone back to school and she was hanging out with her friends. I was glad that she wasn’t going to let this hold her back. She needed to live her life.  She didn’t need to be ruined by some stupid disrespectful guy.

I folded the newspaper back to how it was when I found it and I slid it beneath the coffee table.

I got up and decided on watching some TV and I was halfway through The Notebook when I heard the door open.

“Lizzie tell Carter that I’ll be okay staying with mom as long as that guy is gone.” Sasha demanded immediately upon entrance.

“What?” I questioned a little dumbfounded.

“She thinks that it’s alright for her to go stay back with her mom” Carter said filling me in.

“Do you want to go back and stay?” I asked Sasha. She nodded. “ Are you sure?”

“Yes!” She answered.