Fourteen

Tom watched from the door as Severus dropped the last potion ingredient in the cauldron.

The man had yet to acknowledge him, making Tom think he hadn't noticed him yet.

He moved from the door and slowly moved behind the long-haired raven before wrapping his hand around his waist. "Tom," Severus said, as he continued with his work, stirring the potion.

"I haven't seen you all week," Tom said and Severus huffed before pulling the spoon from the cauldron and turning in his arms.

"That does not mean you can interrupt my work," He said and Tom huffed

"I missed you," Tom said, and Severus rolled his eyes and pulled away from him going over to his ingredient shelf.

"Why do you keep rejecting me?" Tom asked suddenly and Severus paused with his hand in the air where he was reaching for something on the top shelf. "Do you not trust me? I have promised, many times over, to protect your heart. Yet you avoid my advances and never tell me a good reason as to why you have yet to accept my request for a date," Tom said and Severus dropped his hand.

He stood there for a while before reaching up, grabbing a jar, and turning around. He made to move past Tom, but the man grabbed him and spun him around. "Tell me," he hissed.

"I'm scared," Severus exclaimed and Tom blinked, releasing his arm. "I'm scared," He said again, running his hand through his hair.

"Why?" Tom asked, taking a step closer.

"Do you know how many people I've dated?" Severus asked not to look at him. "Ten, not including potter. All of them ended badly, and I was always the only one getting hurt. Two of them, at Hogwarts, just stopped talking to me and started dating other people. One got married while we were still together, four cheated on me, and the rest just wanted sex while pretending to be interested, and you know about Potter. How am I supposed to think of dating anyone after that? You mean too much to me for this to go bad Tom," He said, and Tom frowned.

He now understood Severus's hesitance. "I see," He said, and Severus sighed. "I won't force you to go on a date with me, but I won't give up. I will continue to show just how much I love you," He said, kissing Severus's cheek before exiting the potion room.

Severus watched the man leave and sighed. He placed down the ingredients he had picked up.

Running his hand over his chest, he sat on a stool. He really did have feelings for Tom but he could lose him if they dated and something went wrong.

He finished the potion and made his way out of the room. In the halls, he bumped into Harry.

"Dad," Harry said, wrapping his arms around Severus. "How are you?" he asked, and Severus sighed.

"Tom asked me out again," Severus mumbled, and Harry pulled back, looking up at him.

"Why do you keep rejecting him? Tom is a really good guy, he's been trying to get with you for years. But you always go for the wrong guy and get hurt. Why not give the one chasing you a chance instead of chasing after assholes? It doesn't hurt that he's a hot dark lord who loves you," Harry said, and Severus sighed.

"I-I, you're probably right," Severus sighed.

"Good," Harry nodded, "And maybe while you're at it, some flattery will help; I gotta go. Lucius should be back from work?" He said, skipping off down the hall.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 584

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 1:30 pm

When are you reading this?