3 - P a d m i n i' s T a c t i c s

Please Vote then Read!<3

PADMINI MANOR

SAAIRA

The car suddenly halted, causing me to jolt forward towards the dashboard as I hadn't fastened my seatbelt. Instinctively, I shut my eyes, bracing for impact, only to feel a rough palm protecting my forehead from hitting the dashboard. When I cautiously opened my eyes, I saw Advik's hand shielding me.

Gathering myself, I settled back into my seat.

"Seatbelt is there for a reason," Advik snapped, before exiting the car.

I stayed put, uncertain of what to do next.

Advik came to my side, opened the car door, and asked, "Do you plan to walk on your own, or shall I carry you?" His irritation was evident in his tone.

"No, I-I can walk," I stuttered, feeling his intense gaze, and quickly got out of the car. Advik slammed the door hard, making me jump with the impact.

He didn't say a word or even look at me as he walked ahead.

Unaware, I trailed after him, and when I finally glanced up, I saw the stunning mansion looming before us. It was beautiful.

"Mom, guess who's here," he exclaimed as we stepped into the living room.

Advik strode ahead of me, his tall frame blocking my view.

"Your soon-to-be daughter-in-law has arrived, Mom," Advik announced, catching me off guard. Stunned, I paused in my tracks, staring at his back in disbelief.

ADVIK

"Saaira, you're here! What a pleasant surprise," Mom exclaimed, feigning innocence.

Such a skilled actress she is.

Mom embraced Saaira, who remained rooted in shock. Oh, right, she was taken aback by how I introduced her.

How can she be so clueless not to catch the underlying sarcasm in my words?

"Are you okay, Saaira? I saw on TV how those reporters were troubling you," Mom asked, her voice filled with concern, as if she had no clue about the situation.

I couldn't help but release a loud breath at her acting.

"Do you need anything, Advik?" Mom turned to me, her expression serious.

I didn't respond, heading straight for the sofa, determined to address this matter with Mom directly.

"Please feel at home," Mom said to Saaira, taking her hand and leading her towards the sofa.

Saaira hesitated, her apologetic gaze fixed on Mom. "Aunty, I need to go home," she said.

As if Mom would let her go and ruin her meticulously planned scheme.