Chapter 23

*Sudhir Pov*

"That is cheating." Ayesha said, frowning at me.

"That is not at all cheating." I said, moving my game piece near the ladder and immediately got three rows up.

"You are cheating with the dice." She said whining.

"It is not my mistake that you are getting eaten by snakes." I said shaking my head.

"So playing snakes and ladders?" Nisha asked, walking to the couch.

"Yes! And he is cheating." Ayesha replied, pointing me.

"That's very bad Sudhir." Nisha said, shaking her head.

"Hey! I am not cheating." I said, looking at both of them.

"Here I will throw the dice for you." She said taking it from Ayesha and threw it.

"Big ladder!" Ayesha suddenly jumped in excitement after counting the numbers, and I sulked in my place.

"Play more." Ayesha urged her.

"Actually, I need to go somewhere." Nisha said guiltily.

"Where?" I asked her frowning.

"I am going outside to a movie with my friends. It was planned last week, and I think I forgot to inform you." She replied.

"Oh! But I thought we would go for some shopping for the items she may need to go to school from tomorrow." I said frowning more.

"I thought you would arrange them like last year." She said frowning too.

"You are her Mom right, so I thought it would be good for us to do it together." I said and she immediately got that bright smile which she gives whenever either Ayesha or I say that word.

"Why don't we both join you guys?" I asked looking at her.

"I would have been glad for you guys to join me, but the movie would be some action or something, which is not good for her." She said, and I nodded.

"But if it had been a kid's movie I would have asked you guys, and I too love those movies." She added, and I smiled at her.

"Don't!" She immediately said, showing her hand.

"But I didn't say anything." I said frowning.

"I know that you are going to throw some kid comment." She said shaking her head.

"I was not going to." I said frowning.

"How about you guys reach the mall when I give you a call?" She asked looking at both of us.

"Ok!" Ayesha replied, smiling.

"See you later." Saying that she walked away after placing a small kiss on Ayesha's cheek.

"I am going to win." Ayesha said looking at me.

"We will see." I said, grinning back.

"We are near the bag's shop." I said when she lifted my call.

"I will be there in a few minutes." She said hanging up.

And like she said she was near us in a few minutes. I looked around her and asked, "Did your friends left?"

"Yeah! They actually planned to hang out more as today is the last holiday, but I told them about our plan. I even invited them with us, but they went home." She replied as we walked inside the shop.

"Good." I mumbled.

"What?" She asked, frowning.

"I mean, it's a good thing that you have invited them." I replied, and she nodded turning around.