Coffee Run- Chapter 8

Hey guys!! This is it!! The long awaited LEXI'S POV!!!! ENJOY!! (btw it's a super short chapter)

-Lexi's POV-

"Two tall skinny mocha lattes, one with extra mocha, a green tea extract, a vanilla bean frappe, a carmel maciatio, and a banana nut muffin." I ordered.

"Who was the last part for? I don't remember anyone ordering that."M'gann asked.

"Oh, it's for Dick. He didn't order anything, but knowing him, he'll be so busy working that he'll forget to eat." I told her.

"You still care for him, don't you?" she asked as we took a seat and waited for our orders. I scratched the back of my neck akwardly, not wanting to answer her. "You know that I can read minds, right?" she reminded me smugly.

"You wouldn't."

"I know, I'm only kidding. But I have read Dick's mind. When you left, he went into this... depression. He wasn't eating, heck he wasn't even speaking! So Batman had me read his mind, to figure out exactly what was wrong. He knew of course. We all knew. But we just needed to bring him back. I did not want to invade his or your privacy, but I know everything."

I sighed, running a finger through my long hair. "Was I wrong to leave M'gann?" I asked. "Am I an awful person? I mean, he practically proposed to me, and then BOOM. I told him that I was leaving."

"No, you had every reason to go. It isn't a crime to want a little space to breathe. Dick said that he wanted you to take your time. You know that no matter what, he'll be here when you change your mind."

"I just... feel so bad for  making him wait this long."

"He still loves you Lexi." she smiled soflty, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Sometimes I wonder about that though. I mean, how many girls has he been with since I've left?"

"Too many to count." she answered.

"Exactly! Does he really even care for me at all anymore?"

"That's not fair Lexi. Of course he does! He was just trying to fill a void that you left behind. He changed when you left, Lex. You know, I don't think  that I've heard him laugh, and I mean, really laugh, since you left. And now that you're back, he's expecting things to go back to the way they were. Apparently, they haven't."

"I want it to, it's just... I don't know...What should I do?" I asked as our number was called.

She got up and started walking to the counter. "I think that you need to ask yourself something." I got up and followed her out the door. "Do you love him?"

"Of course I do." was my immediate answer.

"Well sure, but are you in love with him?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN. COMMENT AND VOTE MY LOVES!! What do u think???